Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-26-2013, 05:05 PM   #1711
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illyria View Post
Just tried it again today and unfortunately the problem is still there. I don't think that it has anything to do with the code as I already used it successfully a few days ago. And I did use PayPal and everything works fine until the final step where you have already logged into PayPal, are supposed to check the information and click on pay now. That's when the error occurs. I sent an e-mail to Kobo yesterday but I don't think they are even going to read it until Monday. And to top it all off, the books I wanted to buy have become more expensive overnight!
I bought four books with vouchercodes40 on Thursday using credit card, the site was very slow but it went through in the end. I just bought another one 5 minutes ago and no problems. (except that is five more books than I should have bought :-)
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:49 PM   #1712
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
I bought a book last night with PayPal and vouchercodes40. No issues.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2013, 08:45 PM   #1713
Boa89
Boa89 began at the beginning.

I would like to buy the hunger games trilogy with the voucher40 code...it would cost me 20,68$ which is not too bad (approx 7$ a book) but i read somewhere that a few months ago Kobo used to sell the trilogy for less than a dollar!! Do you guys think I should wait for a better coupon than voucher40 ?
Boa89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:51 PM   #1714
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Boa89, there's aren't too many times that I've seen Kobo vouchers greater than 40% off, although they do occur.

If you want the books, then go for it now, because this code finished 31 January.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:49 PM   #1715
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
I agree with Lynx, no point in waiting for something better. I doubt they'll sell the Hunger Games trilogy for >$1 again
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2013, 03:17 PM   #1716
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illyria View Post
Ugh, so much for having fun shopping. Every time I try to pay for a book I get an error message. Something about a technical difficulty they are currently having. Anyone else having the same problem? Really hope this will be over soon... The 40% off are calling to me!
Are you sure this is a technical difficulty with the payment and not just with the download? Have you looked in your Kobo Library to see if the book is there? Kobo is also known sometimes for saying they are having trouble with providing the download, but then when you go ahead and look in your Kobo Library the book is there and you can download from there. There are scattered references to this throughout the Kobo forums, and IMS also in this thread, but I'm having trouble finding one right now.

I know this used to happen to me all the time with Kobo, to the point where it became a habit to just download the books from my Library, but the last few weeks it has all of the sudden been working fine. The Kobo website is strange and NOT wonderful.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:59 PM   #1717
nogle
Gangnam style!
nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boa89 View Post
I would like to buy the hunger games trilogy with the voucher40 code...it would cost me 20,68$ which is not too bad (approx 7$ a book) but i read somewhere that a few months ago Kobo used to sell the trilogy for less than a dollar!! Do you guys think I should wait for a better coupon than voucher40 ?
I can't recall the price, but if memory serves, for a short period they offered the three book set cheap around the movie release.
nogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:20 PM   #1718
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boa89 View Post
It rather depends how much you want to read them. Do check the individual prices too. $20 AFTER discount sounds rather expensive for the trilogy.

Here in the UK, the invidual volumes are £2.84 BEFORE discount, that's £1.71 or about US$2.75

But perhaps your currency isn't US$ but some other kind of $?
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:51 PM   #1719
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
It rather depends how much you want to read them. Do check the individual prices too. $20 AFTER discount sounds rather expensive for the trilogy.

Here in the UK, the invidual volumes are £2.84 BEFORE discount, that's £1.71 or about US$2.75

She's in Canada. Kobobooks is selling the trilogy for $29.99 + tax. The 40% discount puts it at $17.99 before tax. Quebec is 5% tax so it'd be $18.89 by my calculations.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:42 AM   #1720
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
She's in Canada. Kobobooks is selling the trilogy for $29.99 + tax. The 40% discount puts it at $17.99 before tax. Quebec is 5% tax so it'd be $18.89 by my calculations.
Good grief, that's expensive. I note that at Amazon.ca, the individual books are $5.01, $5.94 and $5.99.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:43 AM   #1721
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
GAH! Good points. In that case, I'd change my location in my address settings to the UK, then buy the books, then change the location back to home
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:26 AM   #1722
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Good grief, that's expensive. I note that at Amazon.ca, the individual books are $5.01, $5.94 and $5.99.
Welcome to Canada! I'm keeping my Amazon US account for my Kindle thank you very much!! lol
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:33 PM   #1723
Illyria
Connoisseur
Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK, K5, K7, KPW3
Thank you all for your suggestions. Since today I still had the same problem, I finally tried another browser and with this one it's working! No idea why it suddenly did not work with my standard browser. And the error message clearly stated that the fault was with the Kobo website when apparently it was not. Oh well, but the most important thing is that now I can get my next book fix!
Illyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:32 PM   #1724
Boa89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
GAH! Good points. In that case, I'd change my location in my address settings to the UK, then buy the books, then change the location back to home
But my credit card adress is from Quebec, not the uk...would that be a problem?
Old 01-28-2013, 05:37 PM   #1725
Boa89

Quote:

so after reading your comment I went back to check out the prices for the individual books...It's weird, for the trilogy it would cost me 20.68$ after the discount but if I buy the 3 books individually it costs 19.98! I think I'll just rent them online from my local library finally.

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals