Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 04-06-2011, 02:30 PM   #1
joespot
joespot began at the beginning.

Device: htc advantage x7501
HTC Advantage

Hi all my name is joe and I sure hope you can help me introduce calibre to my device. The
device in question is a HTC Advantage X7501 a big smart phone or pda. It has a sd storage
card and a 9gb micro drive. Win7 recognizes the advantage when pluged into the usb. I store
my ebooks in a directory named ebooks on the storage card. My preferred format is mobi or
prc.

Here is the data with the device connected

Version: 0.7.53
USB devices on system:
[u'usb\\root_hub20&vid8086&pid3b3c&rev0005',
u'usb\\root_hub20&vid8086&pid3b34&rev0005',
u'usb\\vid_0bb4&pid_0b06&rev_0000',
u'usb\\vid_0c16&pid_0002&rev_0150',
u'usb\\vid_0c16&pid_0002&rev_0150&mi_00',
u'usb\\vid_0c16&pid_0002&rev_0150&mi_01',
u'usb\\vid_8087&pid_0020&rev_0000',
u'usb\\vid_8087&pid_0020&rev_0000']
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\scanner.py", line 84, in __call__
DriveError: No removable drives found
Drives detected:
Available plugins: ALEX ALURATEK_COLOR ANDROID ARCHOS7O AVANT AZBOOKA BAMBOOK BLACKBERRY
BOOQ BOOX COOL_ER CYBOOK DBOOK E52 E71X EB511 EB600 EBK52 ECLICTO EDGE
EEEREADER ELONEX ESLICK FOLDER_DEVICE_FOR_CONFIG GEMEI GER2 HANLINV3
HANLINV5 ILIAD INVESBOOK IPAPYRUS IREXDR1000 IREXDR800 IRIVER_STORY
ITALICA ITUNES JETBOOK JETBOOK_MINI KINDLE KINDLE2 KINDLE_DX KOBO
LUMIREAD MENTOR MIBUK N516 N770 N810 NEWSMY NEXTBOOK NOOK NOOK_COLOR
NUUT2 ORIZON PALMPRE PDNOVEL PDNOVEL_KOBO PICO POCKETBOOK301
POCKETBOOK360 POCKETBOOK602 POCKETBOOK701 PRS505 README S60 SHINEBOOK
SNE SOVOS SPECTRA STASH SUNSTECH_EB700 SWEEX TECLAST_K3 THEBOOK
TREKSTOR VELOCITYMICRO WEXLER

Looking for devices...

Devices possibly connected: None

Here is the data with device disconnected

Version: 0.7.53
USB devices on system:
[u'usb\\root_hub20&vid8086&pid3b3c&rev0005',
u'usb\\root_hub20&vid8086&pid3b34&rev0005',
u'usb\\vid_0c16&pid_0002&rev_0150',
u'usb\\vid_0c16&pid_0002&rev_0150&mi_00',
u'usb\\vid_0c16&pid_0002&rev_0150&mi_01',
u'usb\\vid_8087&pid_0020&rev_0000',
u'usb\\vid_8087&pid_0020&rev_0000']
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\scanner.py", line 84, in __call__
DriveError: No removable drives found
Drives detected:
Available plugins: ALEX ALURATEK_COLOR ANDROID ARCHOS7O AVANT AZBOOKA BAMBOOK BLACKBERRY
BOOQ BOOX COOL_ER CYBOOK DBOOK E52 E71X EB511 EB600 EBK52 ECLICTO EDGE
EEEREADER ELONEX ESLICK FOLDER_DEVICE_FOR_CONFIG GEMEI GER2 HANLINV3
HANLINV5 ILIAD INVESBOOK IPAPYRUS IREXDR1000 IREXDR800 IRIVER_STORY
ITALICA ITUNES JETBOOK JETBOOK_MINI KINDLE KINDLE2 KINDLE_DX KOBO
LUMIREAD MENTOR MIBUK N516 N770 N810 NEWSMY NEXTBOOK NOOK NOOK_COLOR
NUUT2 ORIZON PALMPRE PDNOVEL PDNOVEL_KOBO PICO POCKETBOOK301
POCKETBOOK360 POCKETBOOK602 POCKETBOOK701 PRS505 README S60 SHINEBOOK
SNE SOVOS SPECTRA STASH SUNSTECH_EB700 SWEEX TECLAST_K3 THEBOOK
TREKSTOR VELOCITYMICRO WEXLER

Looking for devices...

Devices possibly connected: None

I hope I did this right and it helps

Thank You

Joe
joespot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 04:46 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Those logs do not show the device being recognised as a USB drive when it is connected. That is a requirement for it be able to interwork directly with Calibre.

You might still be able to work indirectly with it using the Calibre Connect to Folder feature to put books in a nominated folder, and then move the books onto the device yourself outside Calibre.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 04:46 PM   #3
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
The phone doesn't register as a removable USB storage device according to these debug outputs, so it can't be supported by Calibre. You might have to enable some setting on your phone to allow it to attach as a disk.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:43 AM   #4
joespot

Thanx I will try adjusting the advantage. Do you happen to know what the
line in the detection data puts out when it finds a device so i will know what to
look for.

Thank you again
Old 04-07-2011, 09:58 AM   #5
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

The phone should register itself as a drive visible in your file manager. The debug output will look similar to the first one in this post.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:03 AM   #6
joespot

in file manager it registers as a portable device
Old 04-07-2011, 10:06 AM   #7
Manichean
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by joespot View Post
in file manager it registers as a portable device
Yes, but obviously not as a drive. It should register in much the same way as a USB thumb drive would.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:22 AM   #8
joespot

I begin to see the problem. Windows sees the advantage as a synced device in the
mobile device center. Is there anyway to tell the center to stop what its doing so
windows will see the advantage as just a plug in
Old 04-07-2011, 10:23 AM   #9
Manichean
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by joespot View Post
I begin to see the problem. Windows sees the advantage as a synced device in the
mobile device center. Is there anyway to tell the center to stop what its doing so
windows will see the advantage as just a plug in
I don't know, you should refer to either Windows' or your phones' manual.