Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-13-2010, 12:06 PM   #31
jmaloney
Connoisseur
jmaloney has learned how to read e-booksjmaloney has learned how to read e-booksjmaloney has learned how to read e-booksjmaloney has learned how to read e-booksjmaloney has learned how to read e-booksjmaloney has learned how to read e-booksjmaloney has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony Reader Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakura-panda View Post
jmaloney -- I have found that live chat is less than helpful on the two issues that I've used them. I hope you get a good response on the phone!
They seem to be having unspecified problems with my gift cards. The guy at the call center took my info after checking on one of the gift cards and said that they'd be in touch with a resolution once they have one, sometime this week.
jmaloney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 12:10 PM   #32
mrscoach
Guru
mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy tab
I redeemed mine. It might be a problem from Targets end, with them activating the card.
mrscoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2010, 01:04 PM   #33
bookwerm
Zealot
bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: B&N Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaloney View Post
Has anyone had trouble redeeming the gift cards? I bought two yesterday at Target, and when I try to redeem them, they both come up with an error stating that they're "invalid". I contacted Sony via their live chat, but they were pretty unhelpful (basically told me what I already knew: "I'm sorry, the $25 Gift Card purchassed from the Target Store cannot be redeemed."), and directed me to contact the Reader Store Telephone Support Team. (Because the Technical Chat Support Team does "not have the information regarding this.")

I'm gonna call up now, but just wanted to see if anyone else had similar problems.
I redeemed 1 of my 5 yesterday without any problems. You may want to double check your Target receipt - after each card there should be comment of 'ACTIVIATION SUCCESSFUL.' If it doesn't say that, maybe there was a problem on the Target side...?
bookwerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 01:50 PM   #34
jmaloney
Connoisseur
jmaloney has learned how to read e-booksjmaloney has learned how to read e-booksjmaloney has learned how to read e-booksjmaloney has learned how to read e-booksjmaloney has learned how to read e-booksjmaloney has learned how to read e-booksjmaloney has learned how to read e-books

Yeah, I was wondering if it might be a problem from Target's side. I don't have my receipt with me, but I was planning on checking it when I get home.
Old 04-13-2010, 02:39 PM   #35
mrsquash
Connoisseur
mrsquash will become famous soon enoughmrsquash will become famous soon enoughmrsquash will become famous soon enoughmrsquash will become famous soon enoughmrsquash will become famous soon enoughmrsquash will become famous soon enough

Device: K4-NT, Sony T1
On my Target receipt, for each of the cards I bought, it says "Item active within 3 HRS", so maybe it's taking them awhile to activate the cards after they're scanned at the register. I haven't redeemed one yet, though.
mrsquash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2010, 03:18 PM   #36
Ken401
Addict
Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, PRS-950, PRS-505, Nexus 10, Xoom
Quote:
Has anyone had trouble redeeming the gift cards?
I have purchased and activated 8 of these cards without problem. They came from three different stores. The receipts said either that the activation was successful or that it would be activated within 3 hours. It stated this for each one individually.

It may be a problem that started at the Target side of things, but I suspect Sony will have to resolve.
Ken401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:31 PM   #37
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
I'm glad this was posted. I never look at the Target ad or any of the Sunday newspaper insert ads as we don't need to shop for anything. But this was/is a great deal. I just bought 10 of the cards.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 07:09 PM   #38
Omega
Mostly lurking...
Omega began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300
Bought 2 cards from my local Target about 2 hours ago. Tried to activate one just now, and got the "invalid" error. Called the eBookstore support line, and they had me snap a picture of the GC (they wanted to see the code) and send it to them. I was told to expect a response in 24 hours.

I did check my receipt, and it shows that activation was successful on both cards. In fact, the support guy even confirmed that the card that gave me the error was activated. He told me that they were having some issues with GCs.
Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 04:23 AM   #39
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Thanks for the heads up! I sent my husband out to get a few for me. I donʻt buy much from the sony store, but this will make "sale" prices seem even better!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:29 AM   #40
mbelec
Addict
mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, Ipad 3
I cleaned out my local Target the other day - got the 8 on the rack. Such a bargain!
mbelec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:33 AM   #41
disney_mommy
Ebook fanatic
disney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windows

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8.9, Kindle Keyboard
Just wanted to say that if anyone out of the US or not near a Target needs these, I am glad to buy them for you. I have done this many times (check my Karma comments) and would be glad to help out. Just PM me.
disney_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:29 AM   #42
jmaloney
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega View Post
Bought 2 cards from my local Target about 2 hours ago. Tried to activate one just now, and got the "invalid" error. Called the eBookstore support line, and they had me snap a picture of the GC (they wanted to see the code) and send it to them. I was told to expect a response in 24 hours.

I did check my receipt, and it shows that activation was successful on both cards. In fact, the support guy even confirmed that the card that gave me the error was activated. He told me that they were having some issues with GCs.
Glad to know it wasn't jsut me, Omega! Out of curiosity, where are you located? I'm in NJ...just wondering if it was a regional problem (perhaps a bad batch of gift cards were sent out or something).
Old 04-14-2010, 12:46 PM   #43
MerLock
Evangelist
MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Do the gift cards ever expire?

I'm not familiar in their usage. I'm guessing I just log into my Sony account and enter the gift code? From there, I'll have that amount to spend at the bookstore until I use it up? Just wondering if there is a time limit on it before the money dissapears from the account.
MerLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 01:13 PM   #44
Omega
Mostly lurking...
Omega began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300
Quote:
Glad to know it wasn't jsut me, Omega! Out of curiosity, where are you located? I'm in NJ...just wondering if it was a regional problem (perhaps a bad batch of gift cards were sent out or something).
I'm in VA. I don't know if it's a regional thing or what.

I tried activating the card last night after letting a few more hours pass and then again this morning. Nada. Also, have not received a reply from Sony support yet, but I'll give them till tonight to send an email before I call them back for a status update.
Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 03:29 PM   #45
Ken401
Addict
Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, PRS-950, PRS-505, Nexus 10, Xoom
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerLock View Post
Do the gift cards ever expire?

I'm not familiar in their usage. I'm guessing I just log into my Sony account and enter the gift code? From there, I'll have that amount to spend at the bookstore until I use it up? Just wondering if there is a time limit on it before the money dissapears from the account.
I don't have one of the cards in front of me to read the T&C, but when I look at my account on my PRS-900, there is a dash in the "Expires" column of my gift card balance, which I assume means the credit balance never expires. Seems like I actually saw the phrase "never expires" somewhere in my account, but I can't find that just now. It may have appeared during a purchase.

Yep, just log into your Reader Library account and select "Redeem Code" from the top right corner.
Ken401 is offline   Reply With Quote