Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 02-18-2008, 12:05 PM   #1
carandol
Evangelist
carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook
iLiad survives first day at university!

I used my new iLiad at university for the first time today. After reading a novel on it on the bus on the way to campus, I used it for note-taking in a history lecture, where it performed admirably. I've set it up with a 60 page PDF notepad for each subject. This means I don't have to wait for ages while a new page is generated. Things to bear in mind so you don't get in a mess in the middle of a lecture:

- lock the buttons before you start, or you'll find yourself in a different directory in the middle of making notes!

- since you've locked the buttons, it's best to tap the page number icon so that it shows each page number individually, then you can quickly tap the next page number to get a fresh page and not lose the flow of what the lecturer's saying.

My lecturer packs a lot into an hour, but I had no problem keeping up with him, and can still read my notes, which is the important thing!
carandol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 02:29 PM   #2
rai
Enthusiast
rai began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad, Onxy Boox M92
So, this may be a silly question, but how do you lock the buttons? I've been wondering about that for some time, but I just assumed that this function is missing
rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2008, 02:36 PM   #3
carandol
Evangelist
carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rai View Post
So, this may be a silly question, but how do you lock the buttons? I've been wondering about that for some time, but I just assumed that this function is missing
You're obviously not someone who reads manuals It's the padlock icon on the bottom right of the screen.
Old 02-18-2008, 04:31 PM   #4
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
I teach at a university and have taken to putting some key texts on my sony Reader, so as to be able to refer to passages quickly if students ask about them in seminars.
So far I've been photocopying lecture handouts or putting them on Electronic Blackboard.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 04:43 PM   #5
carandol
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
I teach at a university and have taken to putting some key texts on my sony Reader, so as to be able to refer to passages quickly if students ask about them in seminars.
So far I've been photocopying lecture handouts or putting them on Electronic Blackboard.
I have to read quite a lot of PDF journal articles -- the scribble function on the iLiad means I can make notes on them, underline bits, etc.

You never know, the day may come when all your students will have some sort of e-book reader, and you'll be able to send them all the handout via wifi.
Advert
Old 02-18-2008, 04:46 PM   #6
rai
Enthusiast
rai began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad, Onxy Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by carandol View Post
You're obviously not someone who reads manuals It's the padlock icon on the bottom right of the screen.
Hehe, busted! Now I feel very silly because I know exactly what button you're talking about and what it does, and I've been glossing over its existence while looking for some physical button...
rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 05:57 PM   #7
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Can you photocopy your eBook content on e-INK devices?

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 09:36 PM   #8
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
I've never tried.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote