Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-28-2010, 08:44 AM   #1
nayito2
nayito2 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle dx
Unhappy Kindle dx not sorting recent files after 2.5 update,help

Hi!
i recently updated my Kindle DX to 2.5 using a file i got from here,i live in Chile, South America so i have some features disabled (collections,that´s what i wanted!), but i can zoom pdf at least. I noticed, though, that now it doesn´t save my recent books read in order, it´s like in any order now : if i open the first book in the list and return to the home page it´s just not there in the first place and somewhere else in the list pages!! now i have to sort by title (wich i don´t quite like)

Anyone had this problem? any ideas how to fix it? i did a reset,and nothing....

Any help much appreciated...:

Last edited by nayito2; 05-28-2010 at 08:45 AM. Reason: change the emoticon
nayito2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 10:12 AM   #2
Sheikspeare
Groupie
Sheikspeare has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Sheikspeare has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Sheikspeare has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PR-505 / Kindle DX
Yeah, you've just joined one of the many non-US based users with a US-Kindle that cannot access all the features in the 2.5 update. Sadly, to activate those greyed out features, your device has to be registered. So if you can go north, pick up a Whispernet signal, and register your device, the Collections feature on your Kindle will be enabled! Crazy, I know ... but the only way as things stand right now.
Sheikspeare is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2010, 01:16 PM   #3
nayito2

Thanks, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheikspeare View Post
Yeah, you've just joined one of the many non-US based users with a US-Kindle that cannot access all the features in the 2.5 update. Sadly, to activate those greyed out features, your device has to be registered. So if you can go north, pick up a Whispernet signal, and register your device, the Collections feature on your Kindle will be enabled! Crazy, I know ... but the only way as things stand right now.
Thanks for taking care of the thread, i understand what you say, but maybe i wasn´t very clear about my problem (English is not my native language):
The problem i have now is that when i´m reading a book ang go to the home page the book i was reading doesn´t appear on top, it just goes to another place on the list of books in spite that i have the sort by most recent first....
I don´t know how to fix this...
Old 06-02-2010, 01:20 PM   #4
Anarel
Evangelist
Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: K1, GKDX, K3
Yeah, basically it means that the Kindle's internal clock is off.. the only way to reset it (and stop your books from going to the back, in addition to accessing the 2.5 features) is to have it Sync to the Whispernet wireless.

And if you're out of whispernet range.....
Anarel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 01:27 PM   #5
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
You can manually reset your clock - varies by country/time zone whether you can do it through the menu or have to resort to USB networking to a PC - do a search here for something like "reset clock" or "wrong time". Your problem is that after a software update the internal clock resets to an early default time - making your most recently opened books now the oldest, pushing them to the end of the list.

One suggestion - as you now have collections - make a folder "Now Reading" and put the books in it you're currently reading.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2010, 02:34 PM   #6
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Snafus like this are evidence of why Amazon didn't push the update out to everyone. You could well argue that they should have anticipated this particular problem, but at least they will now have an opportunity to fix it before general release.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 05:58 PM   #7
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
This is an old problem - happens with every update - for folks without Whispernet access.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 08:58 AM   #8
nayito2

I´m stuck without whispernet...
What i don´t get is why can´t i just open every book in the list so it starts to sort by more recent first from some point? i tried this and nothing happened, i still don´t have the books sorted in a way i can figure out. What i don´t get is that even though the clock is reset after an update, it´s still ticking son i should have lost the original order before the update and now after a while of reading books i should have a new list of "recent" books but nope!
Old 06-05-2010, 12:49 PM   #9
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Snafus like this are evidence of why Amazon didn't push the update out to everyone.
Not this snafu. It is already an issue with the current software.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote