Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 06-14-2006, 05:07 PM   #1
Charles Gray
Charles Gray began at the beginning.

V2-V8 display?

In the screen shots, I've noticed that the ebook display seems to be black on dark gray, looking kinda like an old liquid crystal display. Is that the case, or is it just an artifact of the picture? I myself prefer black text on a white background, and I had thought that Eink provided that.
Thanks!
Charles Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 05:39 PM   #2
TaKir
Keine Ursache! ))
TaKir is on a distinguished road

Device: Lbook V8 & V3_Vizplex
2 Charles Gray
The screen is light gray. Fill a part of paper in msword or Photoshop with ~10-12% black - it is close to reality. Fonts are 85-90% black.
Scans do not show real color and resolution (((
TaKir is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2006, 06:00 PM   #3
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
I'd love to see the Iliad and the Hanlin side by side...to my eyes the Iliad always looked a lot whiter than the Sony and Jinke devices and I wonder whether that is due to different lighting conditions on the photos or differen screen quality. Maybe you could post some high-res photos of the V8 next to a computer monitor using flash and next to some real paper (book) like Henrycat did for the Iliad to give us some idea?
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote