Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 03-06-2010, 11:48 PM   #61
nonanon
Enthusiast
nonanon has become one with the cosmosnonanon has become one with the cosmosnonanon has become one with the cosmosnonanon has become one with the cosmosnonanon has become one with the cosmosnonanon has become one with the cosmosnonanon has become one with the cosmosnonanon has become one with the cosmosnonanon has become one with the cosmosnonanon has become one with the cosmosnonanon has become one with the cosmos

Device: iPad, Nook Simple Touch
@jswinden: Another Piece of Chinese S***
That's overstating the situation a great deal and unless you have an A81 I'm not sure how you formed an opinion. Every piece of tech needs tweaking after release and every buyer wants it to do more than it can initially do. With wince the A81 fills a lot of needs from e-reader, excellent video and audio player, some gaming and web browsing. Without buttons the gaming is limited and it's far from ideal as a browser. Hopefully they'll add Firefox functionality at some point. For the price it's hard to beat though, a very nice 7" screen for watching videos, adequate battery life, lots of apps for reading books.

For me the problem is the continual flow of firmware updates. I'd much rather they concentrated on adding either Android or Linux and stopped the minor tweaks. With wince there is only so much even an optimized firmware could do using that OS. All that said, I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the Notion Ink Adam later this year and also hoping Apple decides to roll out an iPad with a 5-7" screen.

My opinion may be biased as I've had Archos devices so I've had to learn to be patient about things like this.

Last edited by nonanon; 03-09-2010 at 08:57 PM.
nonanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:07 AM   #62
Houndx
Groupie
Houndx doesn't litterHoundx doesn't litter

Device: A81 MID, Dell Streak
I'd really, really love to see the promised Android. If it's decent I might even buy a second A81 and would definitely recommend them to others. If the rumors that Android isn't coming are true then I'll make sure that everyone knows this isn't a reliable company and they should be avoided.
Houndx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2010, 07:43 PM   #63
kathy6699
Connoisseur
kathy6699 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houndx View Post
I'd really, really love to see the promised Android. If it's decent I might even buy a second A81 and would definitely recommend them to others. If the rumors that Android isn't coming are true then I'll make sure that everyone knows this isn't a reliable company and they should be avoided.

Dear Houndex"

Android 2.0 is on the coming way.
Just a little bit patient please

kathyzhong6699@hotmail.com
kathy
kathy6699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:07 PM   #64
Houndx
Groupie
Houndx doesn't litterHoundx doesn't litter

Device: A81 MID, Dell Streak
Kathy, thanks that's GREAT news. I had been reading rumors that Android was cancelled and I was hoping it wasn't true.
Houndx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 05:05 AM   #65
mervsduh
mervsduh began at the beginning.

Hello Kathy,

I am buying this product now however I am quite confused which one I should get. Would you recommend Wits A81 from ELETROWORLD or Wirelession W1060 from Wirelession Alibaba?

I have gotten in touch with both ALEX from ELETROWORLD and LEE from WIRELESSION. Are you sending the latest batches on both retailers? I thought Wirelession is a rebranded A81 therefore A81 is an older obsolete model.

I would appreciate any reply - I am ready to pay --- I just don't know which one to go for.

Cheers,
mervsduh
mervsduh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2010, 08:20 AM   #66
AyXa
AyXa began at the beginning.

Device: WITS A81, Nokia 6300, Palm T|E
@mervsduh: May be JTSHOP?
I ordered it and now waiting.
@Kathy: Can you suggest any other sites or forums with active discussion A81 or W1060? MobileRead is the best, but I want much more info about that devices.
P.S. Sorry for my English

Last edited by AyXa; 03-11-2010 at 08:27 AM.
AyXa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 02:53 AM   #67
kathy6699
Connoisseur
kathy6699 began at the beginning.

Smile

@Kathy: Can you suggest any other sites or forums with active discussion A81 or W1060? MobileRead is the best, but I want much more info about that devices.
P.S. Sorry for my English [/QUOTE]

Dear

Mobireader is the main discussion forum.
Or you can visit here too
http://www.umpcportal.com/modules/ne...um.php?forum=4

kathy
kathy6699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 09:06 AM   #68
Dvalin21
Zealot
Dvalin21 began at the beginning.

Device: VS Gtablet/Zenithink/GS II T-Mobile
I've just recently picked up a MyTouch 3G with Andriod.....I'm loving the Android OS. So I look forward for the A81 to pick Android.
Dvalin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 12:23 PM   #69
zendesigner
zendesigner began at the beginning.

Device: a81
hello kathy, BLuetooth question

Hi Kathy,

I'm talking to lee from wirelession about the need for a BLuetooth SSP protocol. I'm in need of this to connect logging devices from my glider. I'm building the A81/1060 in my cockpit.

I found a bluetooth stack that can be used with your bluetooth modem. It supports all protocols and work correctly on the 1060.

I contacted Adeneo-embedded.com and they inform me they only sell to OEM manufacturers for unlimited license for 1600 US$.

Is This something Witstech would consider to include or sell to their customers as an extra product ? Lee told me you didn't have time for it.
But he also told me about another option to change the USB port to a serial device port.

That would also solve my problem. Can you ask your RD department if maybe i can receive the adaptation to be done to the usb port ?

Here is my project.
zendesigner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 10:22 PM   #70
Dot81.com
Professional Mid&Umpc
Dot81.com began at the beginning.

Device: Witstech A81 Mid

share Witstech A81 MID UMPC Player Package Contains
Dot81.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:44 AM   #71
branc
branc began at the beginning.

Dear Houndex"

Android 2.0 is on the coming way.
Just a little bit patient please

kathy "

Yes, Android is on the way.....FOR A 3 FREAKING MONTHS!!!!!....unbelivable, really.
I'm sooooo stupid that I didn't buy some normal, working and software friendly device....
I can't wait for HP Slate to get out, I gladly pay 200 USD dollars more for NORMAL and WORKING DEVICE, on which I can put loooooaaaads of software, instead of 8 or 10 crappy applications that works on A81. Damn, I'm dissapointed and angry.
In my country we say: Little money, little music.
branc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:43 PM   #72
KevWal
KevWal began at the beginning.

Device: A81
PocketFMS Software

Hi

I have been looking at various devices to replace my 4700 IPAQ PDA, the non branded 5" PND devices just dont have the power to run the software that I need, namely PocketFMS:

http://www.pocketfms.com/

The A81 looks great, good resolution, good sized screen, reasonably light weight, etc, but I dont know if it will run the software.

Would anybody who has an A81 possibly be able to try the software out for me? You can download it free from the above site for a trial, install it on a normal PC and then install the WinCE version on and SD card from the PC.

If someone could try, I would be most greatful.

Thanks very much
Kevin
KevWal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:11 AM   #73
branc
branc began at the beginning.

If someone wants, I give away A81 (used for about 10 hours) for 180 $.

Call me on 00386 31 474 444 or eboom.enterprise@gmail.com
Western Union, Paypal or ordinary bank money transfer. Buyer pays shippment.
branc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 01:39 AM   #74
zendesigner
zendesigner began at the beginning.

Device: a81
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWal View Post
Hi

I have been looking at various devices to replace my 4700 IPAQ PDA, the non branded 5" PND devices just dont have the power to run the software that I need, namely PocketFMS:

http://www.pocketfms.com/

The A81 looks great, good resolution, good sized screen, reasonably light weight, etc, but I dont know if it will run the software.

Would anybody who has an A81 possibly be able to try the software out for me? You can download it free from the above site for a trial, install it on a normal PC and then install the WinCE version on and SD card from the PC.

If someone could try, I would be most greatful.

Thanks very much
Kevin
Hi kevwal,

I assume you are trying to do the same as me and making a device for a navigation in an aircraft.

Let me say that i have progressed to field trials. And although the w1060 looks very promising screen indoors.

It gives very bad display when in the sunlight. It's way more shiny then expected. So not really good for putting it in an airplane.to many reflections I'm looking into adding extra high intensity leds.
zendesigner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 03:42 AM   #75
KevWal
KevWal began at the beginning.

Device: A81
Hi Zen

Have you looked at putting an anti-glare screen protector on the device?

What software are you running on the device, have you tried PocketFMS?

Thanks
Kev
KevWal is offline   Reply With Quote