Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 09-10-2009, 08:47 PM   #1
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
How is our customer service to you?

Dear All:

We would welcome your comments on Astak's Customer Service! If you have written to support@astak.com or made a phone call or needed information... we would like to hear from you.

Please have had a factual contact with Astak Customer Service. At least please rate on a scale of 1-5:

(1) Poor
(2) Fair
(3) Decent
(4) Very Good
(5) Exceptional and Excellent

How was their courtesy? Did they get back to you promptly? Did they get you an answer willingly? What was done wrong and what was done right?
How could we improve?
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:16 PM   #2
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
I have not had to call or ask for service from the service department but it they are anything like you then there should not be any problems.

Chuck
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2009, 09:25 PM   #3
slm
Fool
slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle PW1, Kobo Glo HD, Nook Glowlight Plus ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear All:

We would welcome your comments on Astak's Customer Service! If you have written to support@astak.com or made a phone call or needed information... we would like to hear from you.

Please have had a factual contact with Astak Customer Service. At least please rate on a scale of 1-5:

(1) Poor
(2) Fair
(3) Decent
(4) Very Good
(5) Exceptional and Excellent

How was their courtesy? Did they get back to you promptly? Did they get you an answer willingly? What was done wrong and what was done right?
How could we improve?
I did call when I got my 6" a couple of months ago and they rep was exceptional. It is one of the reasons I bought the Astek version of the 5"
slm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:45 PM   #4
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm>Ebookman>IPaq>Axim>Cybook>Kndl2>IPAD>Kndl3SO>Voyager>Oasis
From what I've seen here, your support has generally been excellent. However, were you able to straighten out things with the person who thought they had been shipped the wrong color?

MLH
emellaich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:26 AM   #5
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
I have sent a couple of emails requesting a freight price. 48 hours and still waiting thus far, and I'm not sure if this is a normal waiting period for emails responses or not. Can't comment too much yet.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2009, 01:54 PM   #6
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Thank you for comments

Dear All:

Here is what we are trying to do:

We know that no matter what we do Amazon and Sony will dominate the market. We can never compete on name recognition. Where we feel we can excel is in both before-sales and after-sales service. Two advantages that a medium sized company has are:

1. They generally have less layers of bureaucracy and can listen better and make changes faster.
2. They can make their purchasers and end users and future-purchasers feel like the support level is exceptional.

In other words, we hope to have a reputation of assisting, listening, taking recommendations seriously, letting MobileRead Forum members have a voice in some choices, getting upgrades done quickly and often, and making ourselves "The Company That Listens".

Please remember that I am Business Development. I can and will spotlight problems to my TEAM... but I cannot tell you (as I do not know) if the wrong color mailed situation was fixed. I have not seen anything posted more... so I assume it was indeed.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 01:58 PM   #7
cultureulterior
cultureulterior began at the beginning.

Device: Astak
My mails (asking for an order confirmation- didn't feel right just sending you a paypal payment and waiting) went unanswered, so I called. It took three calls over two days to get through (all operators busy). Eventually I got through, and got a tracking code. The code still doesn't show up in the usps system (But apparently it can take 3-4 days to appear, usps must be using pigeons to sync).

Personally, I have had many better experiences on ebay, but I understand you're launching a product.

All in all, I'd give you a 3.
cultureulterior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 02:07 PM   #8
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
USPS tracking is a joke, just think of it as something to do to pass the time until your package arrives.

FedEx is worse, because although the tracking is right on, well, at least you get to see the initial and last name of whoever signed for your mis-delivered package. No hurry to find it and get it re-directed to you either.

UPS (United Parcel Service) RULES!!!

(I send and receive lots of packages and, therefore, feel very strongly about shipping)

Now back to your regular scheduled thread.....
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:08 PM   #9
RichyRich
Connoisseur
RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EZ Reader Pocket Pro
Anything I've ever tracked with the USPS never showed accurate info. I think the last package I had delivered that way didn't show delivered until a few days after I got the package. I do wish their tracking were better as that would definitely help out the postal system.
RichyRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:27 PM   #10
Musicman
Evangelist
Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ-Reader - Samsung Nook's- Nook S/T w/Glow - Kindle Fire - Nova 2
Robertb,

The one time I emailed for help, I received a response about four hours later.

Exceptional response in my opinion!
Musicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 05:59 PM   #11
Stensie4JC
Book Diva
Stensie4JC began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
I called once and got a person right away. I'd had a problem confirming my shipping address and it was resolved. I emailed later, however, to double-check. The person who answered the phone had a very strong accent, and I wasn't sure she completely understood my question.

Also I am sort of obsessive about correct grammar and punctuation (ESL teacher) and was bothered by this disclaimer at the bottom of my email:

"If your package is being shipped to an address outside of the United States, your package was sent as a gift, and it will pass through international customs and may still be subject to additional delay and duties or taxes. "
Stensie4JC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 06:59 PM   #12
SDRebel
Addict
SDRebel has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: astak pro
Robert,
As you may have already seen in another thread, my pocket pro is currently a brick (locked up) and it has to be sent back (got a RMA).
I was very happy with the device until it stopped working. I was hoping that customer support would be able to fix it without me having to send it back, but they couldn't.
I have to pay for shipping back to Astak and doesn't make me very happy since I just got it the day before labor day weekend... and then I have to wait several days without my reading device and I have to go back to good ol' paper books.
I still need to see how the RMA process goes to give a veredict.
SDRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 06:57 AM   #13
jojo81
jojo81 began at the beginning.

Device: ezreader
well i emailed a week ago regarding your international returns policy. ive still had no reply so after a few more days i think another company will be getting my custom.
jojo81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 07:06 AM   #14
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo81 View Post
well i emailed a week ago regarding your international returns policy. ive still had no reply so after a few more days i think another company will be getting my custom.
I too emailed both sales and support without response. Well I can thank the user wallcraft for pointing me in the right direction, http://robertbez.blogspot.com/2009/0...s-outside.html gives a quick overview. Seems you pay for shipping to Astak and they ship it back to you. From what I am seeing Astak are responding to people who have purchased and pre-purchase enquiries are seeming to be ignored. Kind of sad.
Old 09-20-2009, 07:10 AM   #15
Solicitous
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRebel View Post
Robert,
I have to pay for shipping back to Astak and doesn't make me very happy since I just got it the day before labor day weekend... and then I have to wait several days without my reading device and I have to go back to good ol' paper books.
I still need to see how the RMA process goes to give a veredict.
Pity you didn't have paint blemishes, would have been free freight for a return. Would be nice if units that are considered dead-on-arrival have their freight covered both ways. I can understand after 2+ weeks where user pays shipping back, but if it dies within the first couple of days it is a bit rough having to cough up the freight cost.