Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-19-2013, 08:58 PM   #166
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Over at downpour.com, you can currently get any audiobook for $6.95. Just use code ANY695 at checkout. I don't know how long this will last. As always, all titles are DRM-free.

skinmaan
Your audiobook bloodhound
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:12 PM   #167
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinmaan View Post
Over at downpour.com, you can currently get any audiobook for $6.95. Just use code ANY695 at checkout. I don't know how long this will last. As always, all titles are DRM-free.

skinmaan
Your audiobook bloodhound
I just made my first purchase there.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2013, 09:20 PM   #168
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinmaan View Post
I just added several books to my cart, tried to check out, and this isn't working. Do you have to be a member? I created an account, and added the code, as seen at the top of the first pic. I clicked the checkout button, but the total stayed the same, so I didn't finish the process.

Last edited by pidgeon92; 03-19-2013 at 09:29 PM.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:32 PM   #169
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
I just added several books to my cart, tried to check out, and this isn't working. Do you have to be a member? I created an account, and added the code, as seen at the top of the first pic. I clicked the checkout button, but the total stayed the same, so I didn't finish the process.
Try having one book in your cart only and then it should work.
Remove all books then start over adding the one you want for $6.95
Old 03-19-2013, 09:42 PM   #170
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Try having one book in your cart only and then it should work.
Remove all books then start over adding the one you want for $6.95
It's limited to one book for $6.95? I made an order for one book, then tried to make a second order, and it says the code is "not valid."

OK, I just looked at the ad on the website, and it is limited to one per customer.
Advert
Old 03-19-2013, 09:59 PM   #171
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
It's limited to one book for $6.95? I made an order for one book, then tried to make a second order, and it says the code is "not valid."

OK, I just looked at the ad on the website, and it is limited to one per customer.
Yep If it was multiple use they would lost alot of money.
I wish Audible would do something like this! It's nice to pick any book instead of choosing from books they selected for you.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:03 PM   #172
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Yep If it was multiple use they would lost alot of money.
I wish Audible would do something like this! It's nice to pick any book instead of choosing from books they selected for you.
Especially since Audible has a much better selection.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:06 PM   #173
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Especially since Audible has a much better selection.
They do. This is why I would never Join downpour but I couldn't pass up the audiobook I planned to use a credit on for that cheap of a price.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:09 PM   #174
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Took a few searches, but I finally found something from my Audible wishlist that Downpour has. Thanks for the heads up.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:14 PM   #175
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
They do. This is why I would never Join downpour but I couldn't pass up the audiobook I planned to use a credit on for that cheap of a price.
Oh, I'm getting one too don't get me wrong. I did join when they had the 2 credits for $9.99 starter deal, but canceled before it could charge me $14.99 for the next month. I see they dropped the monthly down to $12.99 now, but that's still more than I pay Audible ($22.95 for 2 credits as opposed to $12.99 for 1). I know Downpour is DRM free and non-proprietary, but the few times I go looking there it sometimes takes me a dozen or more searches before I find something I was looking for.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:28 PM   #176
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Oh, I'm getting one too don't get me wrong. I did join when they had the 2 credits for $9.99 starter deal, but canceled before it could charge me $14.99 for the next month. I see they dropped the monthly down to $12.99 now, but that's still more than I pay Audible ($22.95 for 2 credits as opposed to $12.99 for 1). I know Downpour is DRM free and non-proprietary, but the few times I go looking there it sometimes takes me a dozen or more searches before I find something I was looking for.
I too have the Audible Platinum Membership. It's well worth it if you like Audiobooks like I do. I agree the Downpour site isn't too user friendly. Audible has alot of specials though so my credits pile up sometimes.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:37 PM   #177
Critteranne
Guru
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Thank you for posting this! I just preordered J. R. Ward's Lover at Last for $6.95!!!
Critteranne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:40 PM   #178
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
Well, I'm happy. Only two books on my Audible wish list were available, but when I tried to buy the unabridged John Adams ($60 regular), I got a notice that the page was not available. But I was able to buy 1776 for $6.95.
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:49 PM   #179
pidgeon92
Wizard

Oh, I can't complain. I just would have stopped adding books to the shopping cart after the first one had I realized the terms.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:11 PM   #180
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critteranne View Post
Thank you for posting this! I just preordered J. R. Ward's Lover at Last for $6.95!!!
That is a great deal! I think they are like $30-$35 a book. I have the first two but stop buying after I realize it was a guy doing the narrating. This was before I got Audiobook saavy and new what I prefer in a narrator though.