Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-27-2009, 08:37 AM   #1
hmemcpy
hmemcpy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Sorting by most recent doesn't work

It seems that instead of placing most recently read books first, Kindle decides to put them last. I have to go to the last page to continue reading my book, if I hit the home button. This happened after updating my K2 to firmware 2.0.3, but according to poohbear_nc's post below, it's probably has to do with the clock being reset to the factory default.

Last edited by hmemcpy; 04-27-2009 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Has nothing to do with firmware 2.0.3
hmemcpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 09:59 AM   #2
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmemcpy View Post
It seems that firmware 2.0.3 does more harm than good. This time it seems that instead of placing most recently read books first, Kindle decides to put them last. I have to go to the last page to continue reading my book, if I hit the home button.

Has anyone else experienced this?
This is a common occurrence if you have reset your Kindle and have Whispernet off, or if you leave Whispernet off. The clock gets out of sync and your most recently read titles get put on the last page. Turn your Whispernet on and let the clock reset to current time. This usually fixes the glitch, so that when you open a book and then close it, it returns to the top of page 1.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:22 AM   #3
hmemcpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
This is a common occurrence if you have reset your Kindle and have Whispernet off, or if you leave Whispernet off. The clock gets out of sync and your most recently read titles get put on the last page. Turn your Whispernet on and let the clock reset to current time. This usually fixes the glitch, so that when you open a book and then close it, it returns to the top of page 1.
Yeah, that makes sense, the update probably resets the clock to factory default, perhaps nothing to do with update 2.0.3 at all. Unfortunately, I cannot turn Whispernet on since I'm not in the US...
Old 04-27-2009, 10:46 AM   #4
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So - is there any hack/work-around to reset the clock in Kindles not in Whispernet range?
Old 04-27-2009, 11:01 AM   #5
hmemcpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
So - is there any hack/work-around to reset the clock in Kindles not in Whispernet range?
Not that I know of, unfortunately. I'm hoping that it's possible via... less orthodox methods, such as setting the time via terminal, but I myself unable to verify that.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:35 AM   #6
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmemcpy View Post
Not that I know of, unfortunately. I'm hoping that it's possible via... less orthodox methods, such as setting the time via terminal, but I myself unable to verify that.
You might want to open a new thread under Kindle Troubleshooting with a new title to see if anyone on the fourms can help you. I didn't see your location when I did my first post. I would think Kindle owners in the US out of Whispernet range are having your same problem.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:32 PM   #7
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
I don't think you can do anything to solve this problem since you're out of WhisperNet range. You'll just have to live with it.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 09:21 PM   #8
yazu
yazu began at the beginning.

Device: K1, Kindle DX
Hi, I have solved it, kind of.

Hi, just let you know that I also have this problem, I have solved it, kind of. My problem happened because of "time zone", that is, the time difference between my local time and that in Kindle DX, which generally is within 1~2 days. So, my solution is:
I simply opened each title once to let Kindle DX refreshes their time to the Kindle time, then it just works!
hope it's helpful.
yazu is offline   Reply With Quote