Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-22-2013, 08:15 AM   #1576
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo. Galaxy Tab S 8.4
I'm on "White night" now after taking a break for a while when I completed "Proven guilty".
I pretty much read book 1 to book 8 in succession and wanted to try something else for a while. Once I read a few other books I got the urge to read the Dresden files again.

Very much enjoying White night, I won't go into details due to spoilers, but I'm more into this one than Proven guilty, although I did enjoy it.
danskmacabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:28 AM   #1577
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool It’s Up To You!

Quoted from jim-butcher.com

Quote:
Jan 22, 2013

Will Evil Hat Accelerate the Dresden Files in 2014? That’s Up To You!

Big news for RPG fans (and folks interested in trying it out) on the Fate Core kickstarter today: if the Fate Core kickstarter campaign makes it up to $400,000 in the next week, they will produce a lightweight, streamlined “Fate Accelerated” Dresden Files role-playing game aimed at making it easier than ever to game in the world of the Dresden Files.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:57 AM   #1578
steven522
binomial: homo legentem
steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iriver Story HD; Archos 80 G9
Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
He's up next for me so I hope that's a good sign!
With Wild Cards you cover everything from straight up superhero to magic to technology based powers. If you're considering it, I recommend starting at book one, although you could jump on at the newest trilogy.
steven522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:55 PM   #1579
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo. Galaxy Tab S 8.4
It would be nice to see a Dresden files RPG conversion to the Runequest system (like Legend/MRQ2).
danskmacabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:02 PM   #1580
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool Evil Hat

Quote:
Originally Posted by danskmacabre View Post
It would be nice to see a Dresden files RPG conversion to the Runequest system (like Legend/MRQ2).
I don't know anything about what you said, but I'd think that you'd be better off suggesting something like that to Evil Hat as I don't believe that anyone here can help. Just a guess though.

Old 01-24-2013, 01:13 PM   #1581
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Quote:
Re The Hollows:
I'm looking forward to Ever After. The witch-demon-elf history is an interesting storyline, and my favourite of the series. Luckily, the ebook showed up as reservable in my library's Overdrive this morning and I am first in line!
I finished Ever After. The plot was fun. Rachel's dialogue was silly as per usual and her rigid moral stance made me want to smack her a few times. I'll give it 4/5 stars.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:52 PM   #1582
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Re The Hollows:
I'm looking forward to Ever After. The witch-demon-elf history is an interesting storyline, and my favourite of the series. Luckily, the ebook showed up as reservable in my library's Overdrive this morning and I am first in line!
Quote:
I finished Ever After. The plot was fun. Rachel's dialogue was silly as per usual and her rigid moral stance made me want to smack her a few times. I'll give it 4/5 stars.
I'm not there yet as I've decided to wait until after the final book in the series (#13) has been released, so that I can read them all back to back.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:25 PM   #1583
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
I'm not there yet as I've decided to wait until after the final book in the series (#13) has been released, so that I can read them all back to back.
That's a good idea. I follow several unfinished series and it's so easy to forget details between novels.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:32 PM   #1584
bizzybody
Addict
bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various PalmOS PDAs, Android Phones, Sharper Image Literati
Quote:
That's a good idea. I follow several unfinished series and it's so easy to forget details between novels.
That's why I waited on Harry Potter until the final book was published, then blew through the series in two weeks.
bizzybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:36 PM   #1585
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool I ain't gonna' wait!

Quote:
Quote:
a good idea, but I'm not waiting! It's next, after the book I'm reading now, Leviathan Wakes!

Old 01-24-2013, 09:40 PM   #1586
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
a good idea, but I'm not waiting! It's next, after the book I'm reading now, Leviathan Wakes!

I so very much envy your reading speed & time availability!
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:44 PM   #1587
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool my speed-reading method

Quote:
I so very much envy your reading speed & time availability!
Yeah, my speed-reading method is to read just the first and last words on each page!

Old 01-25-2013, 12:03 AM   #1588
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Wool Fans

If you're a fan of Hugh Howey's Wool Omnibus you might want to look at my most recent post in the Wool 1,2,3,4,5 thread.

Last edited by alansplace; 01-25-2013 at 12:05 AM. Reason: fix URL
Old 01-25-2013, 03:29 AM   #1589
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Yeah, my speed-reading method is to read just the first and last words on each page!

WOW, how big is your font? Must be ginormous.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:59 PM   #1590
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Dresden Files - A Conversation with Jim Butcher

Back in the first quarter of 2012 I posted the first of this three part video. This time I'm going to re-post it and include the other 2 parts.

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy