Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-04-2012, 07:53 AM   #1
theguywhoateapie
theguywhoateapie began at the beginning.

Device: windows 8 desktop
margins cutting off last character on right side

I'm using version 0.9.5 on windows 8.

There has to be a simple way to fix this but for the life of me I can't find it and it's incredibly annoying. No matter what book I open if the line extends too far right it cuts it off, usually it's just part of a letter, but it is still quite irritating.

Any help is much appreciated.
theguywhoateapie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:01 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by theguywhoateapie View Post
There has to be a simple way to fix this but for the life of me I can't find it and it's incredibly annoying. No matter what book I open if the line extends too far right it cuts it off, usually it's just part of a letter, but it is still quite irritating.
In calibre's viewer go to preferences. There you can change under Full screen options the text width which will set you up well. Or go to Text layout in paged mode and adjust the margins.

Good Luck.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:54 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Go to preferences and change the font to times new roman or arial.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:44 PM   #4
theguywhoateapie
theguywhoateapie began at the beginning.

Device: windows 8 desktop
It works properly in fullscreen mode, I just don't typically use fullscreen. It's only in windowed mode that it cuts the edges. I've also noticed it only does it in paged mode, in flow mode it displays properly.

http://i.imgur.com/h5hYH.png?1

As you can see, It's not a ridiculous amount, but it completely cuts the "f" from "of." Realistically I can use flow mode and be fine, but it is something to note.

oh, and adjusting the margins didn't help either.
http://i.imgur.com/IPLZy.png
http://i.imgur.com/4t3IY.png
theguywhoateapie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:34 AM   #5
Earthlark
Earthlark knows what time it isEarthlark knows what time it isEarthlark knows what time it isEarthlark knows what time it isEarthlark knows what time it isEarthlark knows what time it isEarthlark knows what time it isEarthlark knows what time it isEarthlark knows what time it isEarthlark knows what time it isEarthlark knows what time it is

Device: Kindle Touch
I have the same problem (in both windowed and fullscreen mode). As you mentioned, theguywhoateapie, changing the margin does nothing. I was, however, able to amend the problem by changing to different fonts. Here are some results.

Problem fonts:
Times New Roman
Calibri
Arial
Arlial Black
Verdana

Fonts that seem to work:
Cambria
Arial Narrow
Arial Unicode MS
Courier New
Earthlark is offline   Reply With Quote