Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-05-2010, 07:10 PM   #1
Hangman
Hangman began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS600 & Nook Color
Splitting large file sizes ...

Good afternoon,

Quick question for anyone who might know.
I was reading the 'EPUB Output' sticky and found a post where it mentioned the large file size splitting has not yet been implemented. That was toward the end of 2008.
My question is, has this been since implemented ??
I have a 21.6 mb .LIT file I need converted to .epub and am wondering if this 'splitting' will ease the amount of work the PC is doing.

I have complete confidence in Calibre and feel this will do what I need. I ran a 7 mb file from .LIT to .epub yesterday and it only took 45 minutes so I'm thinking this will take some time, but am wondering if the burden can be eased in some way.

Thanks.
Hangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:01 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
splitting has been implemented, however it wont decrease calibre's workload (in fact it increases it)
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert