Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-09-2009, 12:49 AM   #1
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Dead Man's Rain - Free on Kindle 6/14 - 6/28

Quoted from the Amazon boards:
Quote:
My book 'Dead Man's Rain' will be *free* to Kindle owners from 6-14-2009 until 6-28-2009. I know that's a few days away but I thought I'd post early so hundreds of thousands of Kindle owners could be ready to press the BUY button at exactly midnight on the 14th.

Here's the link:
http://www.amazon.com/Dead-Mans-Rain/dp/B001CNR8HM
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:33 PM   #2
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Thanks for the find, bruce!

On the Amazon page the author gave his own book a 5-star review with the title "Best work of literature in the entire English language". Probably meant to be snarky, but that's a turn-off for me.
queentess is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2009, 07:24 PM   #3
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah I think he's trying to be snarky, but many independent authors have to do whatever they can to drum up sales.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:20 AM   #4
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
A lot of independent authors find that there isn't a book description on their Kindle page, sometimes for several weeks after the book is listed. They then write a review and put the book info there. The big controversy is: how many stars would you give your own work (well, five, of course, if _I_ wrote it) and how many should you (5 gets you included in more searches and if the author only thinks it's average, why bother reading it?).

Most of these authors then remove their own review once the book info gets listed (but some don't).

I guess it isn't much worse than the ones where you can tell the reviews are by the author's family, best friends, those who owe him money or are paid shills. Better, actually, if the author is up front that the "review" is only to add the book description
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 08:29 AM   #5
am_mread
Head Goat
am_mread is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Gen 11.
It's the 14th now... Yay!
am_mread is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2009, 04:34 PM   #6
sirbruce
Provocateur

Yay! Just downloaded my copy.
Old 06-14-2009, 05:30 PM   #7
BruceB
BruceB began at the beginning.

Device: PRS505
But not free from Sony
BruceB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 05:43 PM   #8
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceB View Post
But not free from Sony
It's a Samhain book, they only give their freebies to amazon. I think I'm going to send them some emails. I've been interested in their books for a while, and if they tempted me with a freebie, they'd get some business. But nope.
*edit just tweeted them, they said they would pass it on to marketing. Hooray for tweets!

Last edited by lilac_jive; 06-14-2009 at 06:03 PM.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 05:52 PM   #9
am_mread
Head Goat
am_mread is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Gen 11.
I just finished reading it.. It was OK, nice Sunday afternoon read.. I'd say it's somewhat worth it (since it's free). I guess I'm a bit tired of the paranormal genre right now.
am_mread is offline   Reply With Quote