Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-15-2013, 06:31 AM   #1
Clau
Enthusiast
Clau began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Pocket and Kindle

Hi. I apologize if this has been asked already, I didn't find it on the search results.

So I'm trying to download my Pocket articles (to my Kindle Touch) using Calibre, but the instructions don't seem accurate to me. For instance, I can't find 'Pocket' on the list, so either it isn't there or I'm looking at the wrong thing. Can someone point me out in the right direction?

Quote:
How to configure Calibre with Pocket

Calibre, a free and open source e-book library management application supports Pocket. Using Calibre, you can sync the text content from your reading list to your Kindle or other eBook reader.

To Download Calibre, click here.

How to Set it Up:

Any questions about Calibre are best directed towards the developers, however, here is a quick overview on how to add RIL as a source:

Click the dropdown arrow under ‘Fetch News’

Select ‘Add a custom source’

Click ‘Customize builtin recipe’

Select ‘Pocket’ from the list

Close the window

Click ‘Fetch News’

Under Custom, Click ‘Pocket’

Add your username/password and set a schedule if preferred
Click ‘Download Now’
Clau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:33 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clau View Post
So I'm trying to download my Pocket articles (to my Kindle Touch) using Calibre, but the instructions don't seem accurate to me. For instance, I can't find 'Pocket' on the list, so either it isn't there or I'm looking at the wrong thing. Can someone point me out in the right direction?
When I look I see Pocket (see attached). You might want to look through the list one more time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	builtinrecipes.jpg
Views:	397
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	99463  
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2013, 11:34 PM   #3
Clau
Enthusiast
Clau began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Thanks, it turned my version of Calibre was too old :/
Clau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:38 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clau View Post
Thanks, it turned my version of Calibre was too old :/
Glad you figured it out.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote