Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 10-01-2011, 03:40 PM   #1
mlfrank
mlfrank began at the beginning.

Device: various mac devices, a dell mini hackintosh & a paperwhite2
Removing a Kindle book off the iPad

While using the Kindle app on my ipod touch, when I finish a book and want to put it back into the Archive, all I have to do is press the "Edit" button on the upper left hand corner on the Home page. This would cause a red "-" in front of the book titles. Pressing that would make the word "Archive" appear on the right & pressing that would remove the book off the touch.

I am stuck on the iPad. I have yet to find the same or similar choice there. True I could hook the iPad to the computer and do it manually but it is easier the ipod touch way.

So, you iPad folks using the Kindle app a lot, have you been able to figure out how to remove a Kindle book without using the computer?

michael
mlfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 03:45 PM   #2
tlrowley
Quilt Geek
tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kindle
On the home screen, swipe left across the book's entry - a "delete" button (or an "archive" button) should pop up on the right.

You can delete items in a lot of apps using this method, mail messages, for example.

HTH,
Tracey

ETA - if you're using the large icons/covers instead of the list, you should tap-and-hold and a little "x" will appear.
tlrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2011, 03:47 PM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You know that Amazon have excellent help pages for these apps? Here's the one for deleting things:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...#contentremove
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 06:27 PM   #4
mlfrank
mlfrank began at the beginning.

Device: various mac devices, a dell mini hackintosh & a paperwhite2
thanks tlrowley - both ways worked for me just now....

and thanks HarryT for the link, have got some reading to do!

michael
mlfrank is offline   Reply With Quote