Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 09-03-2011, 09:36 PM   #1
kenoli
kenoli began at the beginning.

Device: none
Columns in pdf output

The columns in a conversion from a mobi file to a pdf file are very narrow. Images fill full page. It makes the book 4 times as long as it should be (i.e. 400 pages instead of 100).

Any way to adjust the text columns so they fill the page? I looked around in output formatting and found nothing that let me set column width.

I have tried using some other output formats like rtf. In this format the text comes out the right width but all the images are gone.

I am working with an 8.5 x 11 format.

The book is a piano method book and I'd like to print out some pages so I can use it at the piano.

Any thoughts??

--Kenoli
kenoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 01:31 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
During the conversion set the Page setup output profile to tablet.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
column width, pdf