Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 10-13-2010, 10:13 AM   #1
VACaver
VACaver began at the beginning.

Device: none
Goofy things happening on screen...

Playing with my Nook this morning, the screen seemed to be having a hard time trying to figure out what to display.

After turning off airplane mode, I still had a faint image of the airplane while connecting to my wifi. Once I went to The Daily, some of the plane AND the wifi signal image were still displayed. I finally went to the current book I'm reading and, after changing the page, would see faint, or "ghost" images of the last page on the current page.

What's going on??? Anyone esle have this problem? Should I take my Nook back and exchange it for a new one?

Thanks!
VACaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 12:04 PM   #2
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by VACaver View Post
Playing with my Nook this morning, the screen seemed to be having a hard time trying to figure out what to display.

After turning off airplane mode, I still had a faint image of the airplane while connecting to my wifi. Once I went to The Daily, some of the plane AND the wifi signal image were still displayed. I finally went to the current book I'm reading and, after changing the page, would see faint, or "ghost" images of the last page on the current page.

What's going on??? Anyone esle have this problem? Should I take my Nook back and exchange it for a new one?

Thanks!
Try to reboot your Nook.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2010, 06:39 AM   #3
chas0039
Sceptic
chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: rooted Nooks, retired. JetBook Lite, Kindle 3, 4, Kobo Nia, Libra H2O.
I also see this from time to time but it doesn't last past three or four on-off cycles. After softrooting the problem was gone.
chas0039 is offline   Reply With Quote