Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-17-2010, 10:08 AM   #1
Zipr
Zealot
Zipr began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS505
Sort order changes on transfer to device

I have my library view sorted first on author then by series. I notice that when I transfer a group of books the sort order changes to just by author. The series becomes jumbled within the author sort. Is there a way to lock the view?

I am trying to transfer a large amount of files so I do them in groups. Of course I want the series to be in order so I can transfer them in order. I believe that is the only way for the order to be preserved on the device.

It is sort of frustrating to have to resort and then scroll back to where I left off after transferring a group of files.
Zipr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 10:28 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
With the Sony if you transfer a number of books that are in a series and your are creating collections on the Sony from the Calibre series field, then they will automatically be put into series order within the generated collection.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2010, 11:45 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipr View Post
I have my library view sorted first on author then by series. I notice that when I transfer a group of books the sort order changes to just by author. The series becomes jumbled within the author sort. Is there a way to lock the view?
This bug was introduced (inadvertently) in the last release and reported last weekend (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98217). It will be fixed in this week's release.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote