Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 11-15-2008, 10:19 AM   #1
Zen-Diego
Zen-Diego is on a distinguished road

Device: various Sonys then Kindles; currently Kindle Oasis
Hi, all...

New here, and am really pleased with such an outstanding collection of forum threads from some really dedicated readers.

I'm in San Diego- just a stone's throw from Sony's campuses here. I so want to knock on their doors and ask to hang out with the reader team (I believe I've read that they relocated here).

My thanks in advance for all the questions I know will be answered, and hopefully I will be eventually be offering useful tips and replies, too!
Zen-Diego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 10:55 AM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Zen-Diego and welcome to the Forum. Do you plan on getting an eBook reader soon? If so, which one?
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2008, 10:56 AM   #3
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7
Welcome.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 11:26 AM   #4
oholarik
oholarik began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader
Welcome
oholarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 01:19 PM   #5
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hello Zen-Diego
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2008, 01:29 PM   #6
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Welcome to MobileRead. You'll find folks here who will encourage you to act on that impulse -- then report back to all of us what's going on in their heads.

Electronic books and the dedicated readers (humans and devices) are the name of the game here at MobileRead. I decided to play in both camps, so I have a Kindle (MobiPocket format) and Sony (BBeB and ePub formats). And, after getting a used Blackberry, I downloaded MobiPocket Reader for it and have been re-reading a favorite SF novel on the Blackberry. (I actually have the same book on all three devices and use it for comparisons when I show off my devices to avid readers who are contemplating getting one.

So -- tell us what kind of books you like to read. Download the workstation-based readers (MobiPocket Reader, Calibre) and investigate some of the excellent books stored in the MobileRead library. Jump into any on-going discussion, serious or not (and there's a lot of not-serious discussion going on).

We're glad you found us. Welcome!
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 03:16 PM   #7
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
(and there's a lot of not-serious discussion going on).

We're glad you found us. Welcome!
We? Not serious? How so? We be superserious here!

But seriously: Welcome!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote