Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-11-2008, 08:19 PM   #1
Cookie Monster
Connoisseur
Cookie Monster doesn't litterCookie Monster doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-700
Corrupt-a-Wish

Imagine you're a genie who has to grant the previous posters wish but with a twist. Then make a wish of your own for the next person to grant.

eg I wish I was the world's greatest sex symbol

*granted* but you're a eunuch

Everyone got that? Then i'll start.

I wish i never had any odd socks ever again
Cookie Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 08:24 PM   #2
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
Imagine you're a genie who has to grant the previous posters wish but with a twist. Then make a wish of your own for the next person to grant.

eg I wish I was the world's greatest sex symbol

*granted* but you're a eunuch

Everyone got that? Then i'll start.

I wish i never had any odd socks ever again

Granted, but you only have one foot, which is not exactly right or left, so all of your socks fit more or less the same.

I wish that the publishers would agree on one ebook format that could be read on all devices, and which was an easy conversion from all existing formats.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2008, 08:30 PM   #3
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
I wish that the publishers would agree on one ebook format that could be read on all devices, and which was an easy conversion from all existing formats.
Granted, but it only works for books published in Esperanto.

I wish that my cats would no longer have hairballs or other barf incidents. (Especially in the middle of the night. On the bed.)
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 09:17 PM   #4
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
Granted, but it only works for books published in Esperanto.

I wish that my cats would no longer have hairballs or other barf incidents. (Especially in the middle of the night. On the bed.)
Granted, but instead of cats with hairballs they'll be dogs with hairballs. (You don't want to know how much worse that is.)

I wish for whirled peas.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 10:11 PM   #5
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Granted: But you end up with world peace (the deity is dyslexic).

I wish for a white Christmas.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2008, 10:34 PM   #6
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Granted: But you end up with world peace (the deity is dyslexic).

I wish for a white Christmas.
As Steve Jobs will say when the mushroom hits the sky:

BOOM!

I wish politicians and the public didn't actually believe that lying is an acceptable part of a politician's job description.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 01:55 AM   #7
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen
HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle International Ipad 2
I wish politicians and the public didn't actually believe that lying is an acceptable part of a politician's job description.

Granted. They will just keep on lying even though they no longer believe it is acceptable,

And here is my free bonus easy to corrupt wish.

I wish Tor would do a free book deal
HappyMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 03:57 AM   #8
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Granted. Unfortunately you're computer imploded as you tried to download them, creating a tear in the fabric of the universe. This leads to several other unlikely events, the end result is massive ecological disaster for which you are blamed for.

Good news is that you are allowed to read those books eventually. That is while in prison serving several life sentences.

I wish the ducks would rise up and become overlords of humanity!

Last edited by Dylrob; 09-12-2008 at 04:08 AM.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 06:07 AM   #9
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
I wish the ducks would rise up and become overlords of humanity!
granted ! but the ducks become overlords of humanity !!

(... does this wish even need a corollary to be corrupted ?)
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 09:32 AM   #10
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
So, I'm granting Z's wish, since she failed to state it.

Granted, but now the SHUM's are living IN you apartment, rather than outside!

I wish that I'd gone into OBGYN rather than psychiatry.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 09:44 AM   #11
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Granted, but you practice only geriatric OBGYN.

I wish I had proposed to my wife sooner.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 03:32 PM   #12
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
So, I'm granting Z's wish, since she failed to state it.

Granted, but now the SHUM's are living IN you apartment, rather than outside!
wait, what ???? in what reality can that be even an evil corruption of a wish i would make ???? (oh wait... did i wish they all suddenly woke up tomorrow and discovered they were mute ? ok... that would actually work for me then)
Old 09-12-2008, 04:08 PM   #13
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
wait, what ???? in what reality can that be even an evil corruption of a wish i would make ???? (oh wait... did i wish they all suddenly woke up tomorrow and discovered they were mute ? ok... that would actually work for me then)

Okay, let me walk you through it...

You grant the wish and then you corrupt it.

Then -- take notes here -- you make your own wish.

So, you didn;'t make your wish, which I assumed to be "I wish the SHUMS would not play outside my window."

So now, -- follow along here-- you grant RWood's wish, corrupt it, and make your own wish.

**sheesh**
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 04:11 PM   #14
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post

Okay, let me walk you through it...

You grant the wish and then you corrupt it.

Then -- take notes here -- you make your own wish.

So, you didn;'t make your wish, which I assumed to be "I wish the SHUMS would not play outside my window."

So now, -- follow along here-- you grant RWood's wish, corrupt it, and make your own wish.

**sheesh**
you're really asking far too much of me here after the day i've had (cf. vent and rant thread). maybe i'll try it out tomorrow. for now i'm drinking some wine (except for a little bit i put in the sauce) and then i think i'm going to vegetable in front of a video or something. don't expect anything coherent from me from this point on. you may get something, but it will be the stuff of miracles if you do.
Old 09-12-2008, 04:47 PM   #15
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
I think that Zelda's most immediate wish is to get her travel arrangements straight and trouble-free. (See her recent posts on the vent and rant thread.) And if anyone dares to corrupt that wish then you will have a very unhappy moderator. And you really wouldn't want that to happen, would you?
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dr. who by llounge llamas, unutterable silliness