Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 03-08-2013, 09:39 PM   #1
christineb
christineb rocks like Gibraltar!christineb rocks like Gibraltar!christineb rocks like Gibraltar!christineb rocks like Gibraltar!christineb rocks like Gibraltar!christineb rocks like Gibraltar!christineb rocks like Gibraltar!christineb rocks like Gibraltar!christineb rocks like Gibraltar!christineb rocks like Gibraltar!christineb rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle PW, iphone 4, ipad 3
amazon kids account and kindle fire apps

My son has a kindle Fire and I'm currently sharing my amazon account with him. I'd like to open another account for him and register his kindle to it. My concern is with his apps (mainly games). Is there a way to do it without losing all the apps and data associated with them or will he have to download everything again and start over? Books are not an issue because I have back-up copies with the DRM removed.

It would be nice if Amazon had sub-accounts set up for kids...
christineb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:23 PM   #2
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Carbon will do it, just came out, and I have probably used it three times already. It doesn't require the device to be rooted.

http://download.clockworkmod.com/apks/Backup.apk

You'll need the Windows or Mac app to back up to your computer:

http://www.clockworkmod.com/carbon
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert