Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-18-2021, 11:35 PM   #1
ART_HA
ART_HA began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4
kindle 4 after screen replacement. What to do?.

Hi.
I have an old kindle 4, which once fell. The screen was badly damaged. I bought a new screen and replaced it. The picture appeared, but it turned out to be very unstable, and therefore I made a factory settings. After that I only see the tree on the screen. The POWER button works - the restart 20 s is performed, but the book does not turn on. PC see kindle 4 via USB.
I found your site and tried this: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=206064
There were no problems, all operations are carried out without any problems.
But my kindle 4 remains a brick. What to do?
ART_HA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 06:55 AM   #2
eddie.t.h
Groupie
eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: Too Much Kindle :-)
This is unfortunately the effect after using a cheap Chinese display. Kindle after resetting to factory settings tries to read settings from the screen memory. The problem is that the replacements don't have them. The easiest solution is to solder the memory chip from the original screen to the replacement.
eddie.t.h is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2021, 07:02 AM   #3
ART_HA

O!!! Is this the same rectangular eight-legged chip on the ribbon next to the connector?
Old 12-19-2021, 07:10 AM   #4
eddie.t.h
Groupie
eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Yes, that's exactly him.
Old 12-19-2021, 07:51 AM   #5
ART_HA

Thanks a lot, I think I can replace it myself.
Advert
Old 12-19-2021, 08:06 AM   #6
eddie.t.h
Groupie

Only carefully with the temperature. It is very easy to melt the ribbon cable. This memory also has a central thermal pad.
Old 12-20-2021, 03:37 AM   #7
ART_HA

The chip is replaced - the book is working. Many thanks.
Old 12-20-2021, 10:15 AM   #8
eddie.t.h
Groupie