Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-17-2008, 08:09 PM   #1
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Adding book covers with sony connect reader

Is there a way to use the sony connect reader to add covers to the books, or to change the covers of the books. I've downloaded some of the classics from the store and I do not like the generic sony covers they threw on them. I would like to download the covers and change them to the ones that I like.

Additionaly I've got some .doc files that I would like it to convert, and want to add the book covers to those as well.

Thanks
Joe
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 06:17 AM   #2
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
No, in short. First, the Sony Connect s/w doesn't have any 'editing' functionality & second, even the 'Classics' are DRM'ed.

Alternatives are to have a look in the E-Books lists here, as there's a good chance there's be alternative (better?) conversions here.

As for the .DOC conversions, take a look at libprs500 (a GUI app that can both convert files & do PC/Reader transfers/management) or BookDesigner (conversion app)
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2008, 08:42 AM   #3
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Thanks for that. I know that libprs500 can't do doc conversions, but the conversions with the reader are crap. I finally figured out how to really use BookDesigner to make things a little easier
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote