Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 12-06-2009, 11:17 AM   #1
French
Groupie
French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
No other cover choices??

I would really love to see some alternative cover choices...similar to what the Nook is showing available on its site. There are a couple on there I would even pay the outrageous cost of because I like them so much.

I also saw on Amazon where there are Neoprene "pouches". I am considering getting one of those because while I like the look of the reader in the case it came with, I prefer reading with the ereader unclipped from the case. That way I can turn pages easily from either side of the device depending on how I'm holding it at the time.

And while this has nothing to do with the case at all...call me weird...I am in love with how this thing feels in the hand. From the soft touch paint to the size and weight. Very impressed.
French is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 11:37 AM   #2
Sunspark
Zealot
Sunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with others

Device: EZ Reader Pocket PRO
Stylzworld has some leather covers. I've already ordered one for myself to see.
Sunspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 11:39 AM   #3
French
Groupie
French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunspark View Post
Stylzworld has some leather covers. I've already ordered one for myself to see.
Oh thanks for that!! So which one did you order?
French is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 03:22 PM   #4
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by French View Post
I would really love to see some alternative cover choices...similar to what the Nook is showing available on its site. There are a couple on there I would even pay the outrageous cost of because I like them so much.

I also saw on Amazon where there are Neoprene "pouches". I am considering getting one of those because while I like the look of the reader in the case it came with, I prefer reading with the ereader unclipped from the case. That way I can turn pages easily from either side of the device depending on how I'm holding it at the time.

And while this has nothing to do with the case at all...call me weird...I am in love with how this thing feels in the hand. From the soft touch paint to the size and weight. Very impressed.
Pocket Pros come with a cover and it's a pretty good one. Obviously opinions vary on taste but Stylz sells some covers as Sunspark wrote, above. They were developed for the BeBook Mini which does not have a cover when it's sold. But BeBook Mini and Pocket Pro are the same device rebranded by two different companies, one in the EU and the other one in the US. The Stylz covers should work equally well with either eBook reader.

To me, the default cover with the Pocket Pro works well enough that the cost of another cover seems unwarranted unless it is dramatically better. A company called Oberon makes covers for eBook readers that is interesting and unique enough to justify the cost (in my mind) but they don't make one for the Pocket Pro & Mini. They may make a model for us someday though.

This is probably obvious, but I'll say it anyway: with a device as new as the Pocket Pro is, it will take some time before 3rd party products for it emerge. Astak lacks the market strength of an Amazon or Barnes and Noble, so things like 3rd party covers were not ready at its release. It's a very good eBook reader though, so we're hoping that changes.
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 03:25 PM   #5
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Something I overlooked in your question. The original Pocket Pro cover does not interfere with page turns with either your left or right hand: you can easily fold the cover back and out of the way, so there's no reason to take it off. If you use a book light, the cover gives a solid platform to attach it to. The original Pocket Pro cover really is quite good.
Old 12-06-2009, 04:57 PM   #6
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
BuiltNY

Quote:
Originally Posted by French View Post
I emailed Built NY a couple months ago and they indicated that their hoodie style cases were in line to come out sized for the Sony 300. Those will work for the Pocket Pro as well.

Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 05:55 PM   #7
6charlong
friendly lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phogg View Post
I emailed Built NY a couple months ago and they indicated that their hoodie style cases were in line to come out sized for the Sony 300. Those will work for the Pocket Pro as well.

I tried sliding my pocket pro into a Built NY Hoodie, probably not the model Phogg is referring to, but there was a problem. Built NY narrows around the middle of the case for a snug fit and a great look, but the little lever on the right side of the Pocket Pro tended to snag on the Hoddie's fabric.

It might be wise to try sliding your Pocket Pro into one at the store before buying.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:58 AM   #8
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6charlong View Post
I tried sliding my pocket pro into a Built NY Hoodie, probably not the model Phogg is referring to, but there was a problem. Built NY narrows around the middle of the case for a snug fit and a great look, but the little lever on the right side of the Pocket Pro tended to snag on the Hoddie's fabric.

It might be wise to try sliding your Pocket Pro into one at the store before buying.
The one you tried was likely the one for GPS units. aside from being too small overall the screen side won't be flush against the rigid protective surface. Need about a half inch wider and 3/4 inch taller I think.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 11:49 AM   #9
Storm27
Connoisseur
Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3S, android phone
I have a bebook mini on my Christmas list, so this thread is of great interest to me -- particularly the prospective hoodie.

I did wonder if anyone had tried a PocketPro in one of these M-Edge cases?
http://www.amazon.com/M-Edge-Latitud.../dp/B002VTP8OQ
http://www.amazon.com/M-Edge-Touring...dp/B002VTIG1I/

The "Jacket" looks as if it would be precisely fitted to the PRS 300's shape but the touring sleeve loked as if it might work
Storm27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 11:56 AM   #10
omro
Addict
omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Cute, but I'm fundamentally opposed to cases with zips. I had a case with a zip like that for my old mac and over time pulling my mac in and out has resulted in scratches on the casing from the zip.
omro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 03:40 PM   #11
6charlong
friendly lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm27 View Post
I have a bebook mini on my Christmas list, so this thread is of great interest to me -- particularly the prospective hoodie.

I did wonder if anyone had tried a PocketPro in one of these M-Edge cases?
http://www.amazon.com/M-Edge-Latitud.../dp/B002VTP8OQ
http://www.amazon.com/M-Edge-Touring...dp/B002VTIG1I/

The "Jacket" looks as if it would be precisely fitted to the PRS 300's shape but the touring sleeve loked as if it might work
Nice.