Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-01-2013, 06:28 AM   #31
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
The addition of page turn buttons seems unlikely. I'd like to see increased storage. 2 GB is ridiculous. Some book hoarders *ahem* want to carry 5 years worth of reading in their bags!
I can carry 5 years' worth of reading - easily. I reckon I'm a pretty prolific reader, and I read 80 books in 2012. I currently have 531 books on my Kindle Paperwhite (which, at the 2012 rate, would be almost 7 years' reading), and the PW is only half full. So even if you read twice as many books as I do, you could easily have 5 years's worth of reading on the device.

Last edited by HarryT; 01-01-2013 at 06:53 AM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:20 AM   #32
SteveK
Addict
SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PW2, Kindle3, Kobo Glo, tablets, phone
I am also enjoying my Paperwhite, which I purchased about 6 weeks ago. I just paid the $20 to remove the ads, and also upgraded to the leather case from Amazon which I received yesterday. After using the PW for over a month, I have decided I will never go back to a reader without a built-in light, Occasionally I will turn the reader light down just to compare the screen to my normal light setting (around 15), and I can't believe the difference, even when there seems to be plenty of ambient light. I've always needed a lot of ambient light to read comfortably, but now I can read comfortably almost anywhere.

I'm very pleased with my PW and feel it is the best e-reader I've ever owned. Great job Amazon!

SteveK

Last edited by SteveK; 01-01-2013 at 10:39 AM.
SteveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:00 AM   #33
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen
HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle International Ipad 2
Think this will have to be my wife's next reader.

I have bought her both her readers and now the latest one has died. She has the bad habit of throwing it in her bag with no cover and I was sure she would break the screen as she did with the previous one. Well that didn't happen but it was in a bag with a water bottle that she didn't close properly and when she took it out the bag the water poured out of it the reader, it was totally drowned.

All these reviews and info have been very useful. Thank you all.
HappyMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:21 PM   #34
jmilica
Banned
jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I can carry 5 years' worth of reading - easily. I reckon I'm a pretty prolific reader, and I read 80 books in 2012. I currently have 531 books on my Kindle Paperwhite (which, at the 2012 rate, would be almost 7 years' reading), and the PW is only half full. So even if you read twice as many books as I do, you could easily have 5 years's worth of reading on the device.
Harry, I am supposed to get my PW soon so I just wanted to check - are the books you have on your PW .azw3 or simple .azw? I like the look of .azw3 on K3 more, so I just wanted to check if I can continue with that format (whenever possible) on my PW as well? Thanks.
jmilica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:40 PM   #35
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
No, I never had the Special Offers. I ordered my Paperwhites ad-free. No swiping or tapping, no ad on bottom of homepage.
Sold! I don't have to swipe to read. Just open my expensive cover and it is on??? Love it. Gonna do that.

I still am having trouble turning pages back. I must not be in the "zone" I end up advancing pages. I don't have that trouble with KFHD.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:07 PM   #36
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmilica View Post
Harry, I am supposed to get my PW soon so I just wanted to check - are the books you have on your PW .azw3 or simple .azw? I like the look of .azw3 on K3 more, so I just wanted to check if I can continue with that format (whenever possible) on my PW as well? Thanks.
They're a mixture. Probably more AZW3 than Mobi these days.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:25 PM   #37
jmilica
Banned
jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
They're a mixture. Probably more AZW3 than Mobi these days.
Good to know, thanks a bunch
jmilica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:18 PM   #38
djulian
Evangelist
djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Just ordered my KPW today as well. Like Blossom, that 40% voucher for the cover pushed me over the edge too. Can't wait to get it and start reading!
djulian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:45 PM   #39
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
I was given a PW for Christmas and the screen is amazing, so beautiful. I've had several Kindles before this and also a Sony 650, which with the lighted case was I thought the best reader I had seen; but the PW is way ahead now, just because of the built-in light. Happy!
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:10 PM   #40
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by djulian View Post
Just ordered my KPW today as well. Like Blossom, that 40% voucher for the cover pushed me over the edge too. Can't wait to get it and start reading!
Congrats!

Mine just arrived in Knoxville so I will have it by tomorrow. I can't wait! Tonight's been crazy. Stupid neighbors fighting on our shared porch. Screaming at the top of the lungs at each other and hitting each other. I am so sick of it. So happy to be getting my PW I need a good book to escape and some ear plugs.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:17 PM   #41
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
unfortunately those earplugs won't be plugged into the paperwhite
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:22 PM   #42
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
unfortunately those earplugs won't be plugged into the paperwhite
No just my ears while I hide in a closet and read.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:43 PM   #43
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
No just my ears while I hide in a closet and read.
You will go blind if you read under the blanket in the closet. You won't even hear it coming.

DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:14 AM   #44
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
You will go blind if you read under the blanket in the closet. You won't even hear it coming.

Not with the Paperwhite (thanks to it's internal leds )
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:33 AM   #45
CindyLynn
CindyLynn began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite, Nook HD
I ordered one yesterday. Should be here friday. Im super excited! It will be my first e-reader. One reason i got it was because of the light. I share a room with my 10 month old. And the over head light wakes her up. I keep my beds head board light pretty dim. to dim to read a paperback book without straining. I didnt buy a case though. I will get one in feb. I also didnt pay extra to remove the adds. I dont think they will bother me. And i can used the money i saved for my bfs gift (its his bday today) The paperwhite he bought for me as a late xmas gift. (we get our gifts late because we spend our money on the kids for xmas)
CindyLynn is offline   Reply With Quote