Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 07:59 PM   #61
Serpentine
Evangelist
Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Sorry about the late messages - forgot to check MR in a while. Will send them now!

@Gwensabine - it's quite small, a little black thing with (usually) a red dot on it. If you could take a picture we might be able to confirm that it's not there, in which case your only option is try to get it replaced.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:39 AM   #62
LeEup
LeEup began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
Thank you Serpentine, you were my only hope.
I'm going to read my next book in your honor
Old 01-16-2013, 05:33 AM   #63
Bardialongo
Bardialongo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Hi Serpentine! Same problem here! Blocked to the restaring screen.. Damn Kobo! Can you send me too your sd card image? I don't know how to do without my reader! Thank you
Old 01-16-2013, 07:09 AM   #64
Bardialongo

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardialongo View Post
Hi Serpentine! Same problem here! Blocked to the restaring screen.. Damn Kobo! Can you send me too your sd card image? I don't know how to do without my reader! Thank you
LeEup helped me sending your magic image! It works again!!! :') thank you so much Serpentine!!!
Old 01-18-2013, 11:54 AM   #65
Gwensabine
Gwensabine began at the beginning.

here's a picture of the offender.....not seen anything matching your description nor anything not glued ....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1180129.JPG
Views:	410
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	99631  
Old 01-18-2013, 12:33 PM   #66
Bardialongo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwensabine View Post
here's a picture of the offender.....not seen anything matching your description nor anything not glued ....
O.o wtf? Is That a kobo touch? Seems quite different from mine..and you don'thave sd card in there....
Old 01-18-2013, 12:52 PM   #67
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Look at the date on the battery: 2011/08/24.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:56 PM   #68
Bardialongo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Look at the date on the battery: 2011/08/24.
Looks like a 1st gen kobo touch...looking on internet seems that the first touch use a memory chip and not sd cards...
Old 01-18-2013, 02:33 PM   #69
Bardialongo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwensabine View Post
O.o wtf? Is That a kobo touch? Seems quite different from mine..and you don'thave sd card in there....
Old 01-31-2013, 01:15 PM   #70
Shai-Hulud
Silicon Book Worm
Shai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud of

@Serpentine: I would be grateful for the link too please if you wouldn't mind to provide a safety net in case Mr F'kup comes a-knockin'

Update: In case you view this thread again, please ignore my request. I've obtained a disk image from another device and edited the serial number to suit mine.

Last edited by Shai-Hulud; 02-03-2013 at 02:52 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:59 AM   #71
Anjohl
Zealot
Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You've stumbled into a rabbit hole, I promise. Red herring: KTGK
Old 02-02-2013, 10:49 AM   #72
Shai-Hulud
Silicon Book Worm
Shai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud of

Was that in reply to me? If so then your comment is too cryptic I'm afraid
Old 02-07-2013, 06:48 AM   #73
jns
jns began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
I will upload the image of the minisd card that I dd'd off when I got my new unit. Just gonna take a while with my terrible line speed. Will link it here when I'm done.
Hi Serpentine, can you send me this image.

My Kobo Touch is having the same problem.
I removed the sdcard and found that all the partitions are corrupted.

Sorry for the english. I'm not American .
Old 02-07-2013, 04:55 PM   #74
jns
jns began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jns View Post
Hi Serpentine, can you send me this image.

My Kobo Touch is having the same problem.
I removed the sdcard and found that all the partitions are corrupted.

Sorry for the english. I'm not American .
Problem solved! I recovered the factory firmware disc.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:03 PM   #75
Serpentine
Evangelist
Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Sorry if I don't get back to people as quickly as possible, at the moment I'm not near my home boxes all that often. If you message someone that has previously got it, they still should have the url, else wait a day or two and I'll likely see the message
Closed Thread