Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-09-2014, 12:02 AM   #196
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
PM sent.

Those steps to create the image aren't hard. To my mind, they are easier than restoring it. But, not as easy as downloading the image
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 05:52 PM   #197
9pb9
9pb9 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2 and Kobo Wireless
Thank you! I am up and working again. I bought a used Kobo Wireless off of Ebay that worked for about 5 minutes before if froze and then lost its mind. When looking under Settings/Overview "Onboard Storage" was blank even though I could see the data via USB connection on my PC and no amount of power on/off cycles and factory resets would cure the problem.

For those of you thinking of taking the plunge, it was a bit scary but not too hard. I am a PC person and don't know Linux. Nor do I normally open up electronic things to work on them. There are probably real instructions somewhere, but this is basically what I did:

--Probably good to power off the Kobo though I don't know if it makes a lot of difference.

--The most difficult piece was opening the case. I now have marks around the edges where I damaged the plastic slightly trying to pry it open.

--Once open you need a tiny, tiny Philips head screwdriver to remove 4 screws that hold the screen in place. Then carefully slide the screen out. You will see the microSD card in its slot and you can easily remove it. I just left the battery connected and the screen stayed on the whole time--maybe I should have disconnected it but I figured I was better off touching as little as possible.

--I used an SD Adapter to load the microSD into my PC via the SD card slot (as I don't have a microSD slot in my PC). The PC immediately wanted to format the disc and I said NO!

--I downloaded a Raw Copy Tool from HDDGuru (found with a web search--don't know anything about them) and used it on my PC to first copy the microSD contents to a file as a backup. Then I used the program to copy the unzipped image file that Davidfor sent me to the microSD.

--Then I reassembled everything and powered the unit back up. It did show as being registered to someone and listed a bit more than the standard 101 books. This is probably old data from the original donor of the image file, so I did a factory reset and things are back to normal with the original free books and the user's guide available for reading.

I do see that the serial number is set to all zeros. Not sure how or if that needs to be fixed as I will probably never connect to anything other than Calibre.
9pb9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 04:47 PM   #198
Frunza Andrei
Frunza Andrei began at the beginning.

Device: kobo n647
n647 problems

Hi there. I'm using a kobo n647 and i've experienced some problems. I accidently deleted all the files from it, including the firmwere, softwere and the other things. Now i can't see anythig on it. It says "No books found". What can i do? Can anybody send me those files that i've deleted? And do you think it will work if i just copy them back? Help please!
Frunza Andrei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 06:52 PM   #199
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Frunza Andrei: I have sent you an PM with a link to the image for the WiFi's internal SD card. But...

What did you delete? When connected to a PC, you can't normally delete anything from the Kobo devices that prevent them from working. Most of the files are recreated when it is detected that they are missing. Or doing a factory reset will redo the setup. If the device is telling you there are "No books found" copy some books to the device and see what happens. If it doesn't show the books when you disconnect, do a factory reset. If that doesn't work, use the image.
Old 12-08-2014, 05:11 PM   #200
szabyyn
szabyyn began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo 647B wifi
same firmware bug with kobo647b

Hello sirs ,

Pls share with me the image to can relive my ebook.

Thank you.
szabyyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 07:06 PM   #201
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 12-08-2014, 07:07 PM   #202
vcollins
vcollins began at the beginning.

Device: kobo wireless N647
KOBO N647 SD IMAGE

I ALSO NEED THE SD IMAGE FOR THE KOBO N647. WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP.
vcollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 07:22 PM   #203
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

vcollins: Sorry, I can't help you at the moment. I have an image, but, I am in the midst of reorganising the hosting of these files. I don't have it up on a server at the moment. Other people do have it, so hopefully one of them will come along before to long.
Old 12-21-2014, 10:52 AM   #204
ndas.adriana
ndas.adriana began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
Kobo touch image

I need an image for MODEL: N905C. I've bricked my device messing with the internal SDCard .

Would someone send me the image. It was a Kobo Touch. Thanks in advance.
ndas.adriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 11:44 PM   #205
HiQ
HiQ began at the beginning.

Device: N647B
Need help badly.. Borrowed my Grandparent's old N647B (Kobo Wireless) to load some books at Christmas. Connected it to wifi and it wanted to update. Said okay and now it's stuck at the "Read On" loading screen with the scrolling blocks. HELP! I'm assuming I need to open it up and reload the SD card? Is that the only way? If so, does anyone have a copy of the SD card so I can fix this for them? I feel horrible :'(
HiQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 11:54 PM   #206
PeterT
Taking a break; Fed up
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Wife: Touch, Arc, Vox Me: Nexus 7, Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiQ View Post
Need help badly.. Borrowed my Grandparent's old N647B (Kobo Wireless) to load some books at Christmas. Connected it to wifi and it wanted to update. Said okay and now it's stuck at the "Read On" loading screen with the scrolling blocks. HELP! I'm assuming I need to open it up and reload the SD card? Is that the only way? If so, does anyone have a copy of the SD card so I can fix this for them? I feel horrible :'(
If you can wait, I'd actually suggest getting in touch with Kobo. They have been very generous in replacing bricked Wireless devices by newer (albeit refurbished) models. Get in touch with Kobo customer support....
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 04:22 AM   #207
bowent
bowent began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo n647
Looking for Kobo n647 image

My kobo has also been bricked by the "Upgrade". If anyone has an n647 image it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and Cheers.
bowent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 08:33 PM   #208
lost44
lost44 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo wifi n647
new to the form

can anyone please tell where i can get an internal sd card image for older kobo wifi n647. been having none stop problems with it. i tried updating the firmware now its stuck on loader screen wont do anything but boot in usb mode.
lost44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 09:38 PM   #209
PeterT
Taking a break; Fed up
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Wife: Touch, Arc, Vox Me: Nexus 7, Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by lost44 View Post
can anyone please tell where i can get an internal sd card image for older kobo wifi n647. been having none stop problems with it. i tried updating the firmware now its stuck on loader screen wont do anything but boot in usb mode.
Please try what I've suggested many times. Before opening the device and playing with the SD card get in touch with Kobo. There have been numerous cases of people with bricked wifis receiving a newer unit from Kobo.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:17 AM   #210
lost44
lost44 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo wifi n647
need internal sd image for kobo wifi n647

i need it too please help!!
lost44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
image, kobo, kobo wifi, sd card, wifi