Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 07-23-2011, 11:28 AM   #31
stonetools
Wizard
stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, IPhone
FYI

The Brutal Telling is on sale for 3.19 as part of Amazon's Big Deal sale. I just grabbed it. Looking forward to trying out Ms. Penny.
stonetools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 06:02 PM   #32
Japes
Addict
Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350,Sony PRS-950,Pocketbook 360+,B&N Nook Simple Touch Reader
She is magnificent. I've read the first two books in the Gamache series ("Still Life" and "A Fatal Grace") and they are glorious reads.
Japes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2011, 09:52 PM   #33
fbrII
F. BluDevil
fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad3 pro, Kobo Libra, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Highly recommended!
Definitely one of my favorites as well. As far as the other issue, It truly amazes me as an American I can go to a Canadian company Kobo and buy an e-book from a Canadian author and yet a Canadian can't.

But then on the other hand, since I started using an e-reader and visiting MobileRead, I find there is very little about the publishing industry that makes sense to me.
fbrII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 06:54 PM   #34
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
There must be some goofy thing about the epubs of these particular Louise Penny books. She switched publishers recently. They were at Kobo briefly and then disappeared. But Canadians buy them from Amazon as Kindles and at Barnes and Noble (if you don't mind the stupid credit card DRM). I'm sure they will return to Kobo in due course.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:09 PM   #35
fbrII
F. BluDevil
fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad3 pro, Kobo Libra, Kindle Paperwhite
Acutally they are in Kobo, including a German translation of The Cruelest Month. The Brutal Telling is acutally $2.99 currently at Kobo. Although the $3.19 price at Amazon still qualifies as a grand bargain. I put her books on my wish list and then buy when they get to 9.99 or better.

I am one of those people who developed a problem paying above $9.99 once Agency pricing was announced.

Last edited by fbrII; 07-27-2011 at 08:13 PM.
fbrII is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2011, 09:14 PM   #36
tlrowley
Quilt Geek
tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbrII View Post
I am one of those people who developed a problem paying above $9.99 once Agency pricing was announced.
I don't think I've paid more than $9.99 since the whole agency thing started (including buying Bury Your Dead from Amazon UK where it was slightly cheaper with the exchange ) I think I'll be breaking my rule for A Trick of the Light, though. I waited so long to buy Bury Your Dead (and it was so very, very good), that I really felt that I deprived myself for $2. I think I'm going to live on the edge next month
tlrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 05:08 PM   #37
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbrII View Post
Acutally they are in Kobo, including a German translation of The Cruelest Month.
I was speaking of the Canadian Kobo site. Louise Penny is currently NOT for sale here (again) ... except the one German language title you mention. That's why I suggested Canadian fans shop Amazon for Kindle editions and Barnes and Noble for (goofy DRM-with-a-credit-card-and-can't-be-read-on-a-Kobo) ePub.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:13 PM   #38
SensualPoet
Wizard

Since the last posting on this thread, all Louise Penny books have been issued as ebooks in Canada, including her latest A Trick of the Light. You can get Kindle, Nook and Kobo editions.

And, this just in ... a novella of Inspector Armand Gramache, "The Hangman", which previously has only been available in print, is now available for $2.99.

http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/The-H...EdA/page1.html

Last edited by SensualPoet; 12-16-2011 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Typo: was The Hanging, now The Hangman ...
Old 12-16-2011, 08:09 AM   #39
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualPoet View Post
Since the last posting on this thread, all Louise Penny books have been issued as ebooks in Canada, including her latest A Trick of the Light. You can get Kindle, Nook and Kobo editions.

And, this just in ... a novella of Inspector Armand Gramache, "The Hanging", which previously has only been available in print, is now available for $2.99.

http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/The-H...EdA/page1.html
In USA - Amazon has "The Hangman" for $2.99. Same book?
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:35 AM   #40
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo, iPad mini, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura
It's also "The Hangman" in the Kobo store
estelle58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 01:19 PM   #41
SensualPoet
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
In USA - Amazon has "The Hangman" for $2.99. Same book?
The same ... I mis-typed ...
Old 12-16-2011, 05:47 PM   #42
LauraPony
Zealot
LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kobo Vox
I'm currently reading Still Life (book one) on my Vox. I actually got it from my local (Halifax) library as an ebook. I just checked though and is seems like Kobo carries it (and other Penny books) now: http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/Still...pSg/page1.html
LauraPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 09:49 PM   #43
SensualPoet
Wizard

Wow, Laura, you got an ebook of Lousie Penny from your library? Toronto only has the audio books!

Still Life is a wonderful debut; hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Happy reading!
Old 12-16-2011, 09:59 PM   #44
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I took a look at Overdrive's search and all they had at libraries was the audiobook version of Still Life. I also took a look at Halifax and all I found was the audiobook.

The correct URL for Still Life from Kobo is http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/Still...JaA/page1.html

Last edited by JSWolf; 12-16-2011 at 10:02 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 11:01 AM   #45
LauraPony
Zealot
LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I took a look at Overdrive's search and all they had at libraries was the audiobook version of Still Life. I also took a look at Halifax and all I found was the audiobook.
Hmm - you're right. I know I sideloaded Still Life (I don't use Overdrive app) and I assumed it came from the library because I've been getting a lot of library ebooks lately. Sorry for the confusion!
LauraPony is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
armand gamache, canadian, detective novel, mystery