Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 09-16-2009, 07:05 PM   #16
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post
Are they accounted for in your ever growing list of government conspiracies?
I am making copious notes! I will make more when I get mine tomorrow.

I'm also gonna set up the night-vision camera and heat-signature lens, and record it at night while it's charging!!

This would make a great thesis or dissertation!!
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 07:18 PM   #17
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffonwing View Post
I am making copious notes! I will make more when I get mine tomorrow.

I'm also gonna set up the night-vision camera and heat-signature lens, and record it at night while it's charging!!

This would make a great thesis or dissertation!!

Got mine today, 1:07. Well through the 12 hr charge, read the manual, listened to audio.

I'm waiting until the 12 hrs charge is up before I put in the card, I don't want to chance any problems. I put the card in my computer and added some assorted titles to check it out.

I'm going to play with it and document it before I upgrade, then compare the diffences.

Sorry you had to wait ONE MORE DAY

AJ
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2009, 08:35 PM   #18
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Griffonwing, Happy Birthday tomorrow (a little late) when you get yours. Mine is also due to arrive tomorrow but since I'm not quite as old as you (my birthday is next week) I'll have mine for my birthday, unless the Fedex truck gets robbed like the one carrying Cybook Gen3's in Paris did about a year ago.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 09:11 PM   #19
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post

2. It seems that books in the .epub format, regardless of font size, cover the entire screen area. Therefore, you lose the page count & battery meter bar at the bottom of the screen. ....

Lisa
Well one thing I don't like is that it tries to fully justify the text (the Sony 505 does not -- it left justifies) by spreading it out across the screen. It's not very good at it (i.e. like a typeset book) and it really bothers my eyes!

Yes the page and battery (the status display at the bottom) only shows up at certain times -- it is not displayed when reading a book - which also annoyed me a bit at first.

I've not seen mine change the page mysteriously though.

I'm still considering returning it due to all the niggly little things and do have an RMA number already.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 09:15 PM   #20
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Starr View Post

Got mine today, 1:07. Well through the 12 hr charge, read the manual, listened to audio.

I'm waiting until the 12 hrs charge is up before I put in the card, I don't want to chance any problems. I put the card in my computer and added some assorted titles to check it out.

I'm going to play with it and document it before I upgrade, then compare the diffences.

AJ

Congrats on the receipt!

The biggest difference I saw was the font sizes available.
Advert
Old 09-16-2009, 10:00 PM   #21
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Starr View Post

AJ
That better not be a bellyroll laugh aimed at my having to wait another day.

I'm gonna sic my parrot on yo... crappit! RobertB still has him locked up in a cupboard somewhere in the Astak offices!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
Griffonwing, Happy Birthday tomorrow (a little late) when you get yours. Mine is also due to arrive tomorrow but since I'm not quite as old as you (my birthday is next week) I'll have mine for my birthday, unless the Fedex truck gets robbed like the one carrying Cybook Gen3's in Paris did about a year ago.
My bDay was last month, but a late present is better than no present at all
The PEZ left Mesquite TX at 4:15pm Central Time, and it's still scheduled for an on-time delivery tomorrow. I dunno the actual time though. I was going to call and see if they could change the destination to my work address instead of my home, but I was swamped today and never got to it.

And in case I forget next week, Happy early bDay to you, old rascal (and I specify the word OLD)
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:52 PM   #22
SDRebel
Addict
SDRebel has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: astak pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
dont remind me that today is mt bday and my bday present pocket pro is unusable
SDRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 05:50 AM   #23
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRebel View Post
dont remind me that today is mt bday and my bday present pocket pro is unusable
Haven't you sent it back yet?