Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-23-2012, 06:18 PM   #406
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Best Buy still has the iPod touch deal online for the same price it'll sell for in the store. Some of the colors are sold out though.

Amazon is still selling the Roku 2 XD for $60 ($20 off).

Sears has the Nook for $40 -- in-store only.
I got the Roku.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:55 PM   #407
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Tubemonkey, did you get the Nook ST from your wishlist?
No. I was only going to get it if I could get it online from Sears for $40. Since Sears never offered it online, I'll pass on it. Besides, it's not a big deal for me. Even if I got it, my K4S would still be my primary ereader.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2012, 07:08 PM   #408
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
I got the Roku.

Carol
Which one?
Old 11-23-2012, 07:16 PM   #409
KimberlyFDR
Groupie
KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Fire 7, Fire HD 6, FireStick, Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Connect
Quote:
Edit: all 3 iPods were moved to start at 8:29pm & 9:29pm PT.
Does anyone know the prices the two iTouches were listed at last night? I couldn't stay awake long enough, but I was thinking of doing so tonight if the deal was great.
KimberlyFDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:35 PM   #410
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehunt View Post
I tried to get an iPod Touch during last night's offer, but they were literally gone within one second.

Just FYI, Apple is selling them today for $268.

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/hom...ily/ipod_touch
Best Buy is still selling them online:
  • iPod touch 32GB (5th Gen) --- $295 + free $50 GC = $245
  • iPod touch 16GB (4th Gen) --- $195 + free $50 GC = $145
  • iPod nano 16GB (7th Gen) --- $145 + free $20 GC = $125
Advert
Old 11-23-2012, 07:41 PM   #411
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberlyFDR View Post
Does anyone know the prices the two iTouches were listed at last night? I couldn't stay awake long enough, but I was thinking of doing so tonight if the deal was great.
See this thread. I have the prices listed there. They went for $245 and $145, the same price as the Best Buy gift card deal; which is still available online.

Word of warning. Those iPods literally sold out the second they went live. I expect they'll do the same tonight. Get there early and hope for the best. If you miss it, order it from Best Buy.
Old 11-23-2012, 07:50 PM   #412
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
I got the Roku 2 XS for my parents. I needed one that will do CC for Netflix.
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:05 PM   #413
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverraven View Post
I got the Roku 2 XS for my parents. I needed one that will do CC for Netflix.
S
OK. I take it the other three models won't do that?
Old 11-23-2012, 08:23 PM   #414
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Quote:
I don't know, I couldn't figure it out, so I went with the one I my son said to get for them. If it doesn't have CC, or won't hook up to their ooollldddd TV I'll blame it on him! I think my brain gave out this afternoon!
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:37 PM   #415
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Which one?
Roku 2 XD
Old 11-23-2012, 08:43 PM   #416
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
Looks like all the Roku 2 models do CC. If my XD that I ordered does not, I will be sending it back. That is the reason I am ordering it, to get CC with Netflix.

From Netflix site.

Roku 2 HD (3000) US, Canada, UK/Ireland 1080p Subtitles, Alternate Audio, 5.1 Surround Sound

Roku 2 XD (3050) US, Canada, UK/Ireland 1080p Subtitles, Alternate Audio, 5.1 Surround Sound

Roku 2 XS (3100) US, Canada, UK/Ireland 1080p Subtitles, Alternate Audio, 5.1 Surround Sound

Roku LT (2400) US, Canada, UK/Ireland 720p Subtitles, Alternate Audio, 5.1 Surround Sound

http://support.netflix.com/en/node/510#gsc.tab=0

Carol
Old 11-23-2012, 08:49 PM   #417
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverraven View Post
I don't know, I couldn't figure it out, so I went with the one I my son said to get for them. If it doesn't have CC, or won't hook up to their ooollldddd TV I'll blame it on him! I think my brain gave out this afternoon!
S
Netflix had subtitles on a lot of their stuff. So does Hulu+ there is no CC though. Amazon is just starting to add it.

I only watch TV with subtitles or CC. I'm not hard of hearing but I find I comprehend more that way.

It helps when you can't turn the sound up too. Now we have headphones I can enjoy my shows better and tune out my noisy neighbor's base thumping through the wall or my drunk partying backwoods neighbor obnoxious laughs and loud month.

Last edited by Blossom; 11-23-2012 at 10:05 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:12 PM   #418
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Deleted due to redundancy

Last edited by xendula; 11-23-2012 at 09:32 PM.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:34 PM   #419
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Have we seen Cyber Monday sales yet?
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:12 PM   #420
MeSue
Geek in the Forest
MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, iPhone 4s, Nexus 7
I am hoping there will be something for Cyber Monday on the Nexus 7. I saw the Office Depot deal, and had it in my cart before they changed it to in store only. But I only had my iPad, and decided to wait until I got home to order so I could get extra Chase reward points. Then by the time I got home and went to order, it was switched to in store only. Grrr.

I was also thinking of getting a Roku if the right deal came along, but I keep talking myself out of it because I'm not much of a TV person these days.

I got a thing from Staples today that said the Cyber Monday deals would be sent on Sunday.
MeSue is offline   Reply With Quote