Notices

Old 10-04-2014, 05:50 PM   #1
gumalcan
Enthusiast
gumalcan began at the beginning.

Device: M92, T68ML
After update issue

Hallo
i installed Boxstors last update and realized i cannot launch anymore google play. Nothing happens when i launch. Tried many times, rebooted and usual stuff, still nothing.

Also, now Onyx neo reader crashes most of the times (i don't care so much about this, just to report it)
gumalcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 05:51 PM   #2
gumalcan
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumalcan View Post
Hallo
i installed Boxstors last update and realized i cannot launch anymore google play. Nothing happens when i launch. Tried many times, rebooted and usual stuff, still nothing.

Also, now Onyx neo reader crashes most of the times (i don't care so much about this, just to report it)
my model T68 from http://ereader-store.de
Advert
Old 10-04-2014, 06:13 PM   #3
PremaEbooks
Zealot
PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle(all), Nook, Sony, Onyx Boox, iPad 2
I just tested both apps on my T68 (also from Booxtor) and they are working fine.
Even they open quicker than on previous updates.

Maybe you should try installing the update again...
PremaEbooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 03:34 AM   #4
afainber
Connoisseur
afainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the rough

Device: Boyue Likebook Plus, Inkbook Explore
Quote:
Hallo

Booxtor writes on the first post of the Updates thread:

UPD: If Play Store does not work after update, please do factory reset of your device! Sorry for inconvenience !

Settings ->System->Privacy -Factory data reset

Hope this helps.
afainber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 06:34 AM   #5
gumalcan
Enthusiast

Solved by a factory reset and reinstall of the update, now it works
Advert
Old 10-05-2014, 01:13 PM   #6
McGonigle
Connoisseur
McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad 2018,
Soooooooo...

I installed the T68 update 2014-09-26, had to do a factory reset to get Google Play to work (I deliberately skipped the previous update specifically in the hope that this annoyance would be fixed for later updates), now Oreader crashes every time, its only my favourite reader, and the device says that the latest update is already installed.

I am none too pleased, I must admit.
McGonigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 01:19 PM   #7
PremaEbooks
Zealot
PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle(all), Nook, Sony, Onyx Boox, iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by afainber View Post
Booxtor writes on the first post of the Updates thread:

UPD: If Play Store does not work after update, please do factory reset of your device! Sorry for inconvenience !

Settings ->System->Privacy -Factory data reset

Hope this helps.
Quote:
Solved by a factory reset and reinstall of the update, now it works
That was only with the previous update. This time I didn't need to do a Factory-Reset to have PS working.

And in none of the updates any of the apps crashed...
PremaEbooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 02:20 PM   #8
gumalcan
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by PremaEbooks View Post
That was only with the previous update. This time I didn't need to do a Factory-Reset to have PS working.

And in none of the updates any of the apps crashed...
well, just for other users... a simple reinstall of the update didn't help me. I had to make a factory reset and then the update.
Old 10-05-2014, 10:54 PM   #9
dnastase
Addict
dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: NG,NSTG,NST,AuraHD,OnyxT68,Lynx, BoyueT62,NGP,Aura1,Oasis,Mars
My upgrade went smooth too, nothing crashes.

I did have to do a factory reset when I installed the previous update.
And it doesn't matter if you skip the previous one. The current one includes the previous ones changes.
So anytime somebody upgrades from two versions ago to any of the last two (or others in the future), I think they need the factory reset.
dnastase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 02:26 AM   #10
japinder
jp
japinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Onyx Boox Note Air, Remarkable 1, Kindle Oasis 2
+1

I guess 'maybe' the way/the keys etc. being used by Booxstor/e-Reader-Store to sign the android image has changed. That's why the updates after Aug 21st - whether Sept 2nd, or Sept 26th (and maybe the ones in the future as well) will need to have factory reset done once when upgrading from Aug 21st or previous updates. Just a wild idea. Maybe Booxstor can confirm. He did you you only need to do factory reset once, but not again in the future...

Jp
japinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 02:05 PM   #11
McGonigle
Connoisseur
McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad 2018,
Got it sorted now I think. I went back to the original ROM, flashed the latest update, did the factory reset which was necessary for Play to work. Everything works ok now as far as I can tell.

I may have inadvertently been the cause of the mishap, by unintentionally flooding the internal memory with books, causing an overflow of sorts.
McGonigle is offline   Reply With Quote