Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-03-2010, 05:04 AM   #1
Thjan
book addict
Thjan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Sony PRS-650
Collection View sort options?

I organize my books on the Kindle via collections, each starting with "- " first to make sure all the collections are on top in collection view as suggested in some threads here.
Now I discovered that you can sort the collections alphabetically while adding a book to a collection. On the home screen the collections are always sorted most recent first. Do you know if there is a hidden feature / key combo available to sort the collections alphabetically on the home screen too?
Thjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 05:34 AM   #2
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thjan View Post
I organize my books on the Kindle via collections, each starting with "- " first to make sure all the collections are on top in collection view as suggested in some threads here.
Now I discovered that you can sort the collections alphabetically while adding a book to a collection. On the home screen the collections are always sorted most recent first. Do you know if there is a hidden feature / key combo available to sort the collections alphabetically on the home screen too?
Did you put a
space
after the symbol?
Collections then sort alphabetical when you opt to view your books by ' title' and not by 'most recent first/author'.
Good luck

Last edited by desertblues; 11-03-2010 at 05:37 AM.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2010, 08:32 AM   #3
Thjan
book addict
Thjan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Sony PRS-650
Yes I did. And yes, they do sort alphabetical when you have the "by title" view enabled. But I'd like to use the collection view like that because you only see the collections and books not in a collection on the home screen.
That would be ideal, at least for me

Guess I have to hope for a firmware update then?
Thjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 10:32 AM   #4
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Yes, that's a nuisance. Well; I hope Amazon does come with some software for these collections.
There's been a lot of discussion about it. If you have the time, you might look through the threads about collections or Window Collection Manager.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ht=Collections

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ht=Collections

Good luck
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote