Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 08-10-2008, 12:00 PM   #1
al35
Enthusiast
al35 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS505
How to do a clean install of the new firmware?

I think I messed up something. I had an old hack with clock etc and then updated the firmware with the official Sony updater. The delete book option never appeared. Even after applying a couple of new hacks, I still can't get the unified fonts to work, and still no delete book function.
How to do a clean install of one of these hacks? Can I, or should I, just delete everything on the reader? Will it help?
Thanks a lot for any advice!!!
al35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 02:12 PM   #2
JeffElkins
Guru
JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E/HD, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by al35 View Post
I think I messed up something. I had an old hack with clock etc and then updated the firmware with the official Sony updater. The delete book option never appeared. Even after applying a couple of new hacks, I still can't get the unified fonts to work, and still no delete book function.
How to do a clean install of one of these hacks? Can I, or should I, just delete everything on the reader? Will it help?
Thanks a lot for any advice!!!
Download PRSCustomizer (see my sig) unzip it to an SD card and run Igorsk's Universal Flasher by inserting the card into your reader. Choose option 7 (Firmware update mode) this will wipe your firmware. Attach the reader to your PC and run the Sony Firmware updater. At this point you should be clean.

Now run PRSCustomizer from the SD card. Reflash with the card, choosing options 5, then 6. The hacks sould be applied to your Reader cleanly.
JeffElkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert