Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-05-2013, 03:48 PM   #166
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Does this display of cases help?
It looks like #9 is what I'm looking for. -- A big Thank You!

Does anyone own that piece and can comment on it?

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 04-05-2013 at 03:50 PM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:59 PM   #167
Nascarfan1972
Banned
Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.

Device: Kobo Glo/Mini/Aura/Glo HD/Clara/Libra & Forma & Kindle PW
I can highly recommend both the navitech bycast glo case and the mini case for those respective devices.
Nascarfan1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2013, 11:19 AM   #168
Pete731
Connoisseur
Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kobo Glo; Nexus 7
Out of Print case for Glo

I got this case for my glo a couple days ago...

http://shop.outofprintclothing.com/1...t_p/r-1017.htm

and I am quite disappointed with it. Normally I wouldn't buy a 45$ case, but I found a sale at a Chapters, they were 50% off, plus I had a 10$ rewards gift certificate. So I got it for 17$ with tax, glad I didn't pay anymore. It's a beautiful case, feels great, but two big problems.
My first problem is that it doesn't close. The first picture shows it with my Glo in, from the bottom. The second pic is top down. The only way to make the cover close is to squeeze it, and then the only to keep it closed for travel is a rubber band. It's like the spine is too narrow.
The second issue is that the plastic assembly that holds the device is glued onto the book part, and it's starting to separate after only two days. I tried to get a picture of it, it's zoomed in on the upper right corner (third pic), and you can see the tendril like glue bits where it's coming apart.
I'm going to be going back to the Chapters where I bought it to see if they'll take it back, I'm just wondering if it's worth getting an exchange, and seeing if this is just a defective one?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kobo1.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	437.9 KB
ID:	104007   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kobo5.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	104008   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kobo4.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	1.25 MB
ID:	104009  
Pete731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:32 PM   #169
Willa
Davidfor's friend 😊
Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra 2
Take your Glo with you back to the shop as well so you can see if a new one fits . .
Willa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:15 AM   #170
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Sorry for your misfortune, but it makes the cynic in me wonder that we now know why they were sold at a 50% discount. I hope you get your money back and find something that at least fits! Unbelievable they would even sell something so ill fitting.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2013, 05:04 PM   #171
Pete731
Connoisseur
Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Good idea Willa, I think I'll try that tomorrow.
I kind of wondered the same thing TechniSol, it's separated enough that I can get a quarter in between the layers. I think I'll take Willa's advice and bring my Glo with me, if they'll let me try it in another Out of Print case in the store, I'll try it. If not, I'll go for a full refund. Maybe mention something about how the Staples across the street has some nice cases on sale lol.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:39 PM   #172
Pete731
Connoisseur

Well, so much for Out of Print cases. I went back to the Chapters store where I got the first one, and they were nice enough to let me try my Glo in another one. Which had the same problems. So I got a refund (no arguing or anything, great customer service) and bought this one instead. (10$ cdn, though, not the price on the website)
http://www.belkin.com/uk/null-Belkin...A277604015FFEC
It says it's for Kindle, but it fits the Glo quite well. The only thing I can't access is the micro SD, but that's not a big deal for me since I rarely do anyway. Now to get a small magnet and see if I can make my own sleep cover!
Old 04-10-2013, 05:09 AM   #173
Willa
Davidfor's friend 😊
Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra 2
HuZZah! Glad you got it sorted and your Glo is now protected.
Willa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:03 AM   #174
echwel
Connoisseur
echwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Forma (sold), Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch
Got mij Gecko Slimfit cover last friday, and it seemed perfect. This weekend I got a big shock when my Glo was found to be in restore-mode, as if it came directly from the factory. After reinstallation, it happened again, after wich I tought the device to be broken. But after a second reinstallation I could use the device again. Afterwards on numerous occasions the light came on and went of again, alltough I did not push the light-button.

After a few hours of reading, I found out that holding the device on the bottom side would lead to light flashing. Also, pushing the top side of the case made the light go on or of. After removing the device from the case, flashing stopped, and putting the device back into the cover made it happen again. No issue on the device itself therefor. The case seemes to be a bit to slim, causing pressure on the downside leads to light going on or off. Customer service from Gecko is now going to send me a new case, so I can try if that one will do better. Good service so far.

However, with the device removed from the case, pressing the bezel near (not necessarily exactly on) the light-button, the light goes on. I'm curious if that's normal, because if it did'nt work this way, I presume the mentioned behaviour of the case would not happen at all.

Last edited by echwel; 06-03-2013 at 09:16 AM.
echwel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:58 AM   #175
echwel
Connoisseur
echwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavens

Quote:
Originally Posted by echwel View Post
After a few hours of reading, I found out that holding the device on the bottom side would lead to light flashing. Also, pushing the top side of the case made the light go on or of. After removing the device from the case, flashing stopped, and putting the device back into the cover made it happen again. No issue on the device itself therefor. The case seemes to be a bit to slim, causing pressure on the downside leads to light going on or off. Customer service from Gecko is now going to send me a new case, so I can try if that one will do better. Good service so far.
A replacement case arrived yesterday, and is performing better. Alltough switching the light on or off by pressing on the bottom is much less, is still occurs. I'm going to use it for a few days, before deciding on a possible return.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:33 AM   #176
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Quote:
However, with the device removed from the case, pressing the bezel near (not necessarily exactly on) the light-button, the light goes on. I'm curious if that's normal, because if it did'nt work this way, I presume the mentioned behaviour of the case would not happen at all.
My Glo doesn't do that at all, I even took it out of the Gecko Slimfit case to be sure. Pressing on the bezel even immediately next to the light switch does not turn the light on or off, it simply does nothing. Only directly pressing the switch works the light as it should.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 03:02 PM   #177
echwel
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
My Glo doesn't do that at all, I even took it out of the Gecko Slimfit case to be sure. Pressing on the bezel even immediately next to the light switch does not turn the light on or off, it simply does nothing. Only directly pressing the switch works the light as it should.
Well, the d*** thing factory reset on me for the second time in a week.

After resetting it, it is still reproducable: when I press (not slide) the power button, the light goes on. I presume that with sliding you also press a little, so.... factory reset.

It could, apart from the case, also be something completely rotten inside the glo. Maybe I would have to go and ask if I can exchange it at the shop. After all, it's only one week old...
Old 06-05-2013, 06:31 PM   #178
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Well, the d*** thing factory reset on me for the second time in a week.

After resetting it, it is still reproducable: when I press (not slide) the power button, the light goes on. I presume that with sliding you also press a little, so.... factory reset.

It could, apart from the case, also be something completely rotten inside the glo. Maybe I would have to go and ask if I can exchange it at the shop. After all, it's only one week old...
sounds like the glo, not the case anymore...i would exchange as you say...it should be easy at this point.
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:22 AM   #179
IxiaAurea
Connoisseur
IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2, Kobo Glo
I've been looking for a while for kobo glo slim covers (the type with the molded back) and a few weeks ago, settled for a tuff-luv slim case. the annoying thing is that it covers the power button so I have to use my nails to slide the power button T_T
otherwise it's very feminine and I really like the design and it feels quite thin but nicely padded. Although in the pic it looks like it might slide off the cover at any moment, it's actually quite secure because the elastics are tight and not very stretchy.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/380453882...84.m1439.l2649

Then today, I found this: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Smart...937476755.html
FINALLY a CHEAP slim cover with auto sleep/wake function
It looks like the kindle paperwhite one and there's a magnetic closure... I'm not sure whether the magnet is placed in the correct area though?
IxiaAurea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:05 AM   #180
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by IxiaAurea View Post

Then today, I found this: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Smart...937476755.html
FINALLY a CHEAP slim cover with auto sleep/wake function
It looks like the kindle paperwhite one and there's a magnetic closure... I'm not sure whether the magnet is placed in the correct area though?
Oh, nice! Let us know when you get it, if it's as nice as it looks, and works correctly.

Oh look, they have a case like that for the mini....in brown. Hmmmm......

Last edited by booklover6; 06-06-2013 at 10:09 AM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote