Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-24-2011, 07:52 AM   #31
adrhc
Connoisseur
adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.

Device: PcketBook Pro 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Here is my promised short video review:

http://youtu.be/0EL43EQg8YM

Regards
Uau you used my PDF as test document . Now at least any java/.NET developer knows that M92 is truly a PDF reader device.

Great job Booxtor !
adrhc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:04 AM   #32
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrhc View Post
Uau you used my PDF as test document . Now at least any java/.NET developer knows that M92 is truly a PDF reader device.

Great job Booxtor !
You are welcome ;!
I did it on purpose (your PDF)
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2011, 05:29 PM   #33
initx
Enthusiast
initx began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Nokia Lumia 800
Quote:
Thank you so much, Booxtor! I have just shown your video to my wife, claiming that it should be my x-mas present!
initx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 10:33 PM   #34
blue_skies
Evangelist
blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue T62+; Boyue Mimas; and my old Kindle Keyboard
Quote:

Oh wow, that looks awesome! Thanks so much for posting that video Booxtor. You did a terrific job showing all the different features. I want one of these!
blue_skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 06:26 AM   #35
brombus
Enthusiast
brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.

Device: none
Booxtor, what about battery power consumption? How much time does it take to discharge the M92?
brombus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2011, 07:33 AM   #36
abpos
abpos began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Kindle 3(WiFi/3G)
This seems to be what I'm locking for. Especially pdf capabilties sound great.
But there's one aspect that's not mentioned until now:
what about password protected pdf's?
abpos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 07:36 AM   #37
initx
Enthusiast
initx began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Nokia Lumia 800
Booxtor, according to your current experiences (since it should be a beta device), do you suggest M92 for buying?
- Was it frozen in the last couple days as you were using it?
- What about battery life?
Thank you so much once again!
initx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 02:02 PM   #38
mrevent
Zealot
mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: kindle 3w, dxg, 5, Kv
Many thanks for the review...

Any many thanks kamizase, for the info on annotation
mrevent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 12:37 AM   #39
longchuai
longchuai began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx boox M90
Booxtor, can you mention about the speed of the Wifi + web-browser?
longchuai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 09:30 AM   #40
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:

Regards
many thanks Booxtor - I see it is not in your video, but have you by any chance compared the annotating performance of your M92 with the PB903 with the latest firmware?
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 12:57 PM   #41
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Thanks Booxtor for your test ! Very intersting
The M92 seems usable.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 01:24 PM   #42
SkyDream
Wizard
SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PRS-650, iPod touch 4G, iPad 3
Thx. It looks better than the PB903. And it has the faster CPU...
SkyDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 07:47 PM   #43
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Booxtor thank you. That looks like they finally have a 9.7 inch device that works as advertised. Its at least as good as their 6 inch x60 if not a little better
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:59 AM   #44
skydive
Addict
skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Pocketbook 902 Ver 2.1.3, Virgin Nook STR & Rooted Nook Color CM7
Look like is a good device! I have the PB902 with the latest FW 2.1.2RC3 and work goods. Lets see if that device is going to be sell in the united states! and wait for more reviews

THanks for the video! Very informative
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
Booxtor thank you. That looks like they finally have a 9.7 inch device that works as advertised. Its at least as good as their 6 inch x60 if not a little better
skydive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 02:24 AM   #45
liueno
liueno began at the beginning.

Device: Boox M90
I got a M92 sample, too. In China, of course. This is a lovely device.

Quote:
So guys, I’ve finally got my sample Onyx Boox M92 and I can say I am really impressed!
I love the new controls (buttons and joystick) and device is noticeable faster as the predecessor.
There is a lot improvement not only in hardware but also in software. It has got Coolreader (for a lot of formats) now. PDF reading and zooming is very comfortable.
What is currently still bad on that software:
- Dictionaries - not available (except English-Chinese). May be third party or OS dictionaries are compatible, will check it
- Writing and scribbling with Stylus is not as precise as it should be, although there is very fast reaction of the screen to the stylus touch (just like a pen).
I will test it now a couple of days and then record a video review…

I think this device can be offered by traders now without being ashamed of quality of the product.

In this shop: http://www.ereader-store.de (my recommendation)

The retail price will be about 340-350 EUR (with tax)

Delivery date is not exactly known yet..

Here are some first pictures:

[MOD: very large pictures converted to links from embedded]
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23593310/M92-1s.jpg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23593310/M92-2s.jpg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23593310/M92-3s.jpg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23593310/M92-4s.jpg
liueno is offline   Reply With Quote