Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 02-11-2009, 10:15 PM   #1
DianaQ
DianaQ began at the beginning.

Device: iPod Touch
Hello from Japan

Hi!

I sort of kind of introduced myself in this thread.

Like I mentioned there, I'm a military spouse living in Okinawa, Japan.

Before this base.....I was a library assistant for 8 years, a licensed Clinical Psychologist (in Mexico), stage actress, nurse aide, nursing student and overall oddball.
I can read in 6 languages, fluently speak two and have smatterings of plenty. Currently, I'm about a month into Japanese I. It's my goal to learn as many languages as I can in my lifetime.

I adore books, and working with my hands (cooking, knitting, building stuff, etc). I'm married to an amazing man who is as off his rocker as me and with whom I share the love of the written word.

My current profession is Cat Herder (a.k.a school age program caretaker).

And....tada.......that's me. Now if you excuse me I have to go herd some cats.
DianaQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:19 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Well, welcome to MobileRead, DianaK.

I really am too intimidated by you to say more.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:28 PM   #3
DianaQ

O_O.....b-but.....why?
Old 02-11-2009, 10:31 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaQ View Post
O_O.....b-but.....why?
Before this base.....I was a library assistant for 8 years, a licensed Clinical Psychologist (in Mexico), stage actress, nurse aide, nursing student and overall oddball.
I can read in 6 languages, fluently speak two and have smatterings of plenty. Currently, I'm about a month into Japanese I. It's my goal to learn as many languages as I can in my lifetime.

I adore books, and working with my hands (cooking, knitting, building stuff, etc). I'm married to an amazing man who is as off his rocker as me and with whom I share the love of the written word.

I'm a part time 'cat herder' (I volunteer in my granddaughters Kindergarten class) and I make quilts. In my spare time, I'm here, getting into trouble, mostly.

You, on the other hand, have lived a very interesting life.......
Old 02-11-2009, 10:33 PM   #5
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Welcome! We will have some assignments for someone with your talents in the llama llounge. You will be informed. Meanwhile, go browse the llounge threads. I think you will fit right in.

(I mean that as a compliment, in case you are confused after reading the adventures of Harv and Vera, and a private dick called Red.)
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:37 PM   #6
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Welcome! We will have some assignments for someone with your talents in the llama llounge. You will be informed. Meanwhile, go browse the llounge threads. I think you will fit right in.

(I mean that as a compliment, in case you are confused after reading the adventures of Harv and Vera, and a private dick called Red.)
Ricky named it???
Old 02-11-2009, 10:42 PM   #7
DianaQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
I'm a part time 'cat herder' (I volunteer in my granddaughters Kindergarten class) and I make quilts. In my spare time, I'm here, getting into trouble, mostly.

You, on the other hand, have lived a very interesting life.......
I would say you have a pretty interesting life too ^____^
I would love to learn how to quilt someday!!

Most of my accomplishments have resulted from either being ticked off at the System or being bored :P

Since my degree wouldn't transfer to the US, I had to find something else to do for a living and it has just escalated from there hahaha.
The language part comes from growing up in a bi-racial family. Learning a new language wasn't just a suggestion but a necessity. It too, escalated
Old 02-11-2009, 10:42 PM   #8
DianaQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post

.......should I start running?
Old 02-11-2009, 10:46 PM   #9
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
.......should I start running?

Only if you want to keep your sanity.......
Old 02-11-2009, 10:47 PM   #10
DianaQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Only if you want to keep your sanity.......

I think I lost my sanity sometime in the XXth century, so.....it seems I'm screwed?
Old 02-11-2009, 10:50 PM   #11
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:

I think I lost my sanity sometime in the XXth century, so.....it seems I'm screwed?
Did you hear that little "clic" sound when you came in?

Kinda like the sound a key might make in a lock?

Just, for all thats holy, stay away from the monkey boy!
Old 02-11-2009, 11:00 PM   #12
DianaQ

I'll take your advice to heart desertgrandma ^_^
Old 02-11-2009, 11:19 PM   #13
tlrowley
Quilt Geek
tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kindle
こんばんわ、ヂアナーさん。 東京に住んでいましたとき、日本語が勉強しましたでも難しいです 。

That's about the extent of my Japanese We lived there for about 18 months (Shibuya, downtown Tokyo) and this small town girl found it very difficult. I've been home for about 18 months now, and there are lots and lots of things I miss.

Welcome to MobileRead. How I would have loved to have had an e-book reader (of any type) during my stay.
tlrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 11:03 AM   #14
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Hello and welcome! I'm a knitter too, but I find myself reading more lately than knitting. Both are just as relaxing though
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 11:29 AM   #15
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi DianaQ and welcome to the Forum. I spent a year or so at Kadena back in the late 60's LONG before eBooks were ever thought of.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote