Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-09-2009, 07:53 PM   #1
HappyOne
HappyOne began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Looking for an AC Charger?

I just picked up one for a PSP for $16.99 CDN from here: http://www.gocybershop.ca/customer/p...cat=326&page=1

Works great and let's you keep reading while you are charging!

Ps. Hi. My first post
HappyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 08:15 PM   #2
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Welcome to the forum! I snagged mine at Target on clearance for $8. I got lucky though
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 08:25 PM   #3
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Welcome to the forum! I snagged mine at Target on clearance for $8. I got lucky though

DARN, lilac_jive, you beat me to it. That's how I got mine too.

Welcome to Mobile Read, HappyOne. Check out all the Forums and soak up all the information. Go on over to the introduce yourself forum and say hi.
What do you have and what do you like to read? Let us know how you like your ereader...
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 08:40 PM   #4
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
I snagged one off Ebay $5.50 shipped
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 08:56 PM   #5
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervserver View Post
I snagged one off Ebay $5.50 shipped
Darn, and here I thought I was the queen of discount....
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 04:27 AM   #6
jessezhao
JesseZhao
jessezhao began at the beginning.

Device: 218A
i buy this just cost my ¥12 in china。
jessezhao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:03 PM   #7
MovieHQ
MovieHQ began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 505
I got one FREE --- with my PSP. <GRIN>
MovieHQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:21 PM   #8
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
I use my digital camera charger. The plug fits the hole, and it seems to work OK
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:44 PM   #9
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
We got a little doodad from Best Buy. It plugs into a wall socket, then you plug a USB cable into it. Works great for charging the iPod, etc. But it does not work on the 505, and actually seemed to be draining it. Only costed about $5.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:46 PM   #10
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellShock View Post
I use my digital camera charger. The plug fits the hole, and it seems to work OK
Does it go in the mini USB or the yellow AC spot on the Reader?
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:52 PM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
We got a little doodad from Best Buy. It plugs into a wall socket, then you plug a USB cable into it. Works great for charging the iPod, etc. But it does not work on the 505, and actually seemed to be draining it. Only costed about $5.
You can't charge a Reader with a "dumb" USB wall charger and a USB cable. You need a cable which plugs into the "charger" socket, not the USB socket.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:58 PM   #12
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You can't charge a Reader with a "dumb" USB wall charger and a USB cable. You need a cable which plugs into the "charger" socket, not the USB socket.
Right, the USB end of the charger cord plugs into the wall doohickey and the e-device end plugs into the 505 as usual. The red light didn't come on. And the 505 didn't heat up, so I figure nothing damaging was happening. I only let it stay like that a few minutes, before getting worried and disconnecting it.

The thingy is just a bit larger than a 3-prong outlet adapter and works sort of the same way, except with a USB hole instead of a 3-prong electrical cord hole.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote