Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > LRF

Notices

Old 05-30-2008, 03:08 PM   #331
moneytoo
Enthusiast
moneytoo began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Yes, I'm using Windows XP Professional SP2 (Czech language). Same experience on several machines.
moneytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 03:23 PM   #332
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Ah ok i'll add some possible fixes in 0.4.65
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2008, 11:59 AM   #333
moneytoo
Enthusiast

Thanks, kovidgoyal. Web2lrf now works with the sample site. Great.

Fetching news using calibre GUI, I still get few errors (but most of the sites work now).

Washington Post, Reuters...:
Code:
'NoneType' object is unsubscriptable
Detailed traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "main.py", line 716, in news_fetched
  File "main.py", line 442, in _add_books
  File "calibre\ebooks\metadata\meta.pyo", line 81, in get_metadata
  File "calibre\ebooks\metadata\__init__.pyo", line 96, in smart_update
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is unsubscriptable
Old 05-31-2008, 12:50 PM   #334
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

0.4.66 should have a fix that fixes that error
Old 05-31-2008, 02:36 PM   #335
moneytoo
Enthusiast

It works. Now's time for me to create my user profiles.

I was following this example: http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net/wiki/UserProfiles but I've spent some time before I realized I have to use
"from calibre.ebooks.lrf.web.profiles import DefaultProfile" instead of "from libprs500.ebooks.lrf.web.profiles import DefaultProfile".
Advert
Old 05-31-2008, 02:45 PM   #336
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Use this http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net/user_manual/news.html

to learn how to create recipes for feeds
Old 06-02-2008, 12:25 PM   #337
jotheman
Sleeper.
jotheman began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Max2, Kinde Voyage, reMarkable, Dasung Paperlike Pro
convert just one website?

Kovid,

is it possible to use calibre / web2lrf for converting single webistes? I mean just websites, not newsfeeds. When I save a website to disk the pictures won't be saved. Calibre does a great job at fetching RSS feeds, so just fetching one website should be easy right? How could I do this?

Thanks,

jo.
jotheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 02:29 PM   #338
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

search for the bookit firefox extension
Old 06-02-2008, 04:52 PM   #339
jotheman
Sleeper.
jotheman began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Max2, Kinde Voyage, reMarkable, Dasung Paperlike Pro
Thumbs up LRF

Thanks for your always quick and helpful answers, Kovid.

I already installed the BookIt extension. I like the idea of being able to just "browse & click" for new stuff that I then can comfortably read on an eReader.

I even started considering a Sony Reader, mostly because of your work on calibre and the broad support for this device that seems to be out there - but one big disadvantage held me back: support for Chinese fonts. It is possible, but very cumbersome.

So I will stick to my decision to buy a Hanlin for once. Still, it seems like I need to figure out how to work with LRF files, because that seems to be the most available format, at least Mac-software-wise. I think BookIt has an "add to calibre" feature so that I could work from there. Calibre would have to be the pivotal point for conversion.

Hoping for the best,

Cheers

jo.
jotheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:11 PM   #340
MiketheMan
MiketheMan began at the beginning.

Hi, Kovid! Many thanks for your work!
Can you kindly help me with an issue with web2rlf?

When I run

Code:
web2lrf.exe default --url="http://spinet.ru/conference/printview.php?t=2154&start=0" -o 1.lrf --match-regexp kafadzy.com
program types : "could not fetch link http://kafadzy.com/...", although I can open this link in a browser.

Thanks in advance,
Mikhail
MiketheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:16 PM   #341
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Add the --verbose option and run it
Old 07-09-2008, 03:16 PM   #342
MiketheMan
MiketheMan began at the beginning.

Can't make it output to a file with --verbose option; it prints something like that:

[DEBUG] __init__.pyo:489: fetching http://kafadzy.com/spine/images/skrew_wrong.jpg
[warning] __init__.pyo:489: could not fetch link http://kafadzy.com/spine/images/skrew_wrong.jpg
[DEBUG] __init__.pyo:489:error: decode() argument 1 must be string, not None
File "...simple.py", line 335, in process_link
File "..__init__.pyo", line 62, in xml_to_unicode
Typeerror:decode() argument 1 must be string, not None

Hope it'll help

Mikhail

Last edited by MiketheMan; 07-09-2008 at 03:21 PM.
MiketheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 04:54 PM   #343
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Will be fixed in the next release.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:32 AM   #344
tovbrog
tovbrog began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader
Kovidgoyal,

I want to add my thanks to all the other Sony users for your wonderfule work.

Calibre has been a real godsend and I hardly use the Sony SW at all.

Keep up the great work.
tovbrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 02:58 AM   #345
capture
capture began at the beginning.

I still have the UnicodeDecodeError problem, I use windows xp pro(chinese version) sp2, and just updated my calibre to v0.4.79.

File "main.py", line 151, in <module>
File "main.py", line 146, in main
File "main.py", line 134, in run_recipe
File "calibre\web\feeds\news.pyo", line 473, in download
File "calibre\web\feeds\news.pyo", line 646, in build_index
File "calibre\web\feeds\news.pyo", line 538, in feed2index
File "calibre\utils\genshi\core.pyo", line 179, in render
File "calibre\utils\genshi\output.pyo", line 60, in encode
File "calibre\utils\genshi\output.pyo", line 210, in __call__
File "calibre\utils\genshi\output.pyo", line 753, in __call__
File "calibre\utils\genshi\output.pyo", line 592, in __call__