Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 06-21-2013, 09:35 AM   #1
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Isolated Block of Text

In past discussions, the use of isolating a block of html allowing all regex operate only on the isolated block. Very handy.

If this has been implemented how does one activate it?
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:48 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I know of the 'selected HTML files mode, but a block within a file
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:24 AM   #3
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
If you don't have too many to do you could ctrl-enter and beginning and end, do your regexing and then remerge...what a pain.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 04:46 AM   #4
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by crutledge View Post
In past discussions, the use of isolating a block of html allowing all regex operate only on the isolated block. Very handy.

If this has been implemented how does one activate it?
Hi, Charlie:

I don't know if your budget allows it, but have you considered RegexBuddy for that type of thing? I find it invaluable, both for my endless (and endless and endless) learning of Regex, studying other people's regex to find great ideas, and for precisely this type of thing: pop a block of text in, regex it and copy it back to the source document.

I suppose, without spending any ducats, you could simply do the same thing (I've done this, also) by copying the block in question to your HTML editor (I'm a NoteTabPro fan, myself), do the regex and then copy it back. Those are my best suggestions.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:50 AM   #5
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Hi, Charlie:

I don't know if your budget allows it, but have you considered RegexBuddy for that type of thing? I find it invaluable, both for my endless (and endless and endless) learning of Regex, studying other people's regex to find great ideas, and for precisely this type of thing: pop a block of text in, regex it and copy it back to the source document.

I suppose, without spending any ducats, you could simply do the same thing (I've done this, also) by copying the block in question to your HTML editor (I'm a NoteTabPro fan, myself), do the regex and then copy it back. Those are my best suggestions.

Hitch
Dear Lady,

Since I do almost all editing in epp I have no problem handling these areas. Unless I have really screwed-up and find an error well into Sigil formating and wish to repair it in sigil.

I use epp, regexbuddy (which I call Regex for Dummys), PowerGrep and AceText all of which will handle any and all jobs I have come across.

Being able to isolate a block of html, e.g.
Code:
<blockquote>
<p>...</p>
<p>...</p>
<p>...</p>
<p>...</p>
</blockquote>
and quickly convert it to

Code:
<blockquote>
<div>   </div>
<div>   </div>
<div>   </div>
<div>   </div>
</blockquote>
without bothering any code beyond is a great time saver and less error prone.

It seems that great mind run in similar channels.

PS. Rumor has it that the next version of epp will open ePub files for edit.
Old 06-22-2013, 10:20 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Why would you want <div> instead of <p> inside a blockquote?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:08 AM   #7
crutledge
eBook FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Why would you want <div> instead of <p> inside a blockquote?
For Older Kindles!
Old 06-22-2013, 11:19 AM   #8
crutledge
eBook FANatic

Report from a Dummy

I finally found it

In Codeview, highlight the desired block of code.

Right click on the highlighted code and select:
Mark Selected Test

Perform whatever regex you wish

Right click selected taxt again and select:
Unmark Marked Text

Another little treasure unearthed. The geniuses at Sigil have come through again
Old 06-22-2013, 12:36 PM   #9
crutledge
eBook FANatic

New question***

Is there a method of highlighting a block of code other than dragging the cursor?

e.g.:
Ctl Alt B (mark beginning)
Ctl Alt E (mark end.
Old 06-22-2013, 02:23 PM   #10
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by crutledge View Post
Is there a method of highlighting a block of code other than dragging the cursor?

e.g.:
Ctl Alt B (mark beginning)
Ctl Alt E (mark end.
Here's what I do:

1) place cursor at start of block (i.e. click at start)
2) hold shift + click at end of block.

HTH

Albert
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 02:49 PM   #11
crutledge
eBook FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by st_albert View Post
Here's what I do:

1) place cursor at start of block (i.e. click at start)
2) hold shift + click at end of block.

HTH

Albert

Thank you very much, sir.