Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-29-2014, 11:08 AM   #61
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by laughingdragons View Post
Are the new PW's plastic also?
Yes, but so are the Sony readers as well?!?
I loved the design of Sony PRS 505, 300, 600, 900 and the likes.
But I totally hated the new lines TRS1 and so on.
In my opinion, they by far looked the cheapest. Way cheaper than Kobo, Kinlde and the likes.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 11:09 AM   #62
PurpleStar
Wizard
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara 2E
I got an email today about transferring my Sony books, though I'm not going to bother. All I've ever got from Sony is a few freebies that I'll never read and have in my calibre library anyway.
PurpleStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2014, 11:15 AM   #63
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
Still no email for me. I wonder how much longer this is going to take.
It's like waiting for a pot to boil. We will be the last two still waiting for our emails.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 11:54 AM   #64
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
It's like waiting for a pot to boil. We will be the last two still waiting for our emails.
Got room for a third? No mail for me yet, either.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 12:06 PM   #65
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
The more the merrier! At least I feel better that I'm not alone in waiting.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2014, 12:25 PM   #66
sharphamster
Anathema Device
sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T3/350, Kobo AuraH20/Mini, Axim X50v
Joining the No eMail crowd - at least I have some company.

Sounds like the book transfer has gone pretty well so far, here's hoping they work out the credit transfer soon.
sharphamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 12:33 PM   #67
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
It's like being a kid who found out Santa Claus went to the rest of the neighborhood and skipped your house maybe we were on the naughty list
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 12:46 PM   #68
sqdancer
Guru
sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T2 T3, Kobo Glo, AuraHD, H2O, GloHD, Clara, Libra2, Kindle NT PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumadona View Post
Does direct library access and download to the Sony Reader through Overdrive still work after downloading the new software? My husband still has a working T-1 and getting library books are a major priority with him.

Plumadona

From the FAQs at the Sony website :

Quote:
Can I continue to check out eBooks from my local library on my Reader from Sony?
Yes, you can continue to check out eBooks from your local library.
sqdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 01:02 PM   #69
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharphamster View Post

Sounds like the book transfer has gone pretty well so far, here's hoping they work out the credit transfer soon.
I've got mine yesterday.
About 250 of my roundabout 280 Sony eBooks could be transferred, the rest isn't available from Kobo.
I'm a bit skeptical about the process, though. It seems, all the available books have been transferred 1:1, without checking for doubles for example or giving me some option to choose.
So far, I've manually deleted 35 free classics I've had in my Sony account in addition to the roundabout 280 books I had bought.
Next I'll check for doubles and I'm pretty sure I'll find about 2 dozens or so.
I would have preferred, if I still somehow could differentiate in my Kobo library, from which source the titles are. If there are doubles for example, I'd rather have the Kobo purchase on the Kobo reader and delete the Sony purchase, not the other way around.
Anway...In general, it has been working painlessly.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 01:13 PM   #70
jswinden
Nameless Being

I got my email yesterday and did the transfer today. It says 59 of 75 books transferred. I'm pretty sure I had over 200 books from Sony, so it looks like I got screwed on that deal. However, I had long since saved and liberated all the Sony books I wanted to keep, so no big deal. I feel sorry for those who lost books in the transfer. Many of us also lost books when Fictionwise closed, as well as other bookstores that have closed.

ALWAYS immediately download and liberate any new purchases from any bookstore. You just never know when that bookstore will close or if they will change policies making DLing and liberating more difficult.

ETA: I just went through the list of transferred books and three of them or not mine. So either they gave me three books for free, or I got someone else's books. Too bad none of the three are of interest to me!

Last edited by jswinden; 03-29-2014 at 01:19 PM.
Old 03-29-2014, 01:14 PM   #71
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharphamster View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
It's like being a kid who found out Santa Claus went to the rest of the neighborhood and skipped your house maybe we were on the naughty list
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 01:53 PM   #72
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I got two emails. One today the other I think two weeks ago. I only bought one book from them. I'm not surprised they're closing.
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 01:57 PM   #73
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaCat View Post
And to top it off my $35+ credit didn't transfer so I've spent the last 45 minutes or so on Kobo's live chat trying to get both issues cleared up; they were helpful to a point, I'm now waiting for Tier 2 help to contact me, sigh. No idea how long that will take.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara95 View Post
My $86 store credit didn't transfer either. I have been using email to contact Kobo and the last email I got from them said Sony was having technical issues in transferring the store credit.
I've noticed that I'm not the only one to have credit transfer issues; really hope they get it sorted soon. I'd also like to be able to get back the list of what did/didn't transfer so I could print it out now that I've re-established communication with my printer. There doesn't seem to be any way to retrieve it that I can find.

Anyone have any idea how long it takes Tier 2 Help to make contact?
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 02:08 PM   #74
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
When I finish a book, I never re-read it so never did click on that link in the email. Sony eBooks have bit the dust. Hopefully, Amazon will last much longer (at least longer than my limited remaining life span).

I certainly do NOT want to set up a new account at Kobo since I buy all my eBooks from Amazon these days.

For those, who did not receive the email yet, here is what it said:

"Dear Reader Store Customer,

On March 20, 2014, Sony's Reader Store closed and we are now transferring customers to Kobo, where you can continue to access and read the eBooks you purchased from Reader Store.

We are fully committed to helping you through this exciting transition to Kobo. With the Kobo Store, you'll have more than 4 million of the world's best eBooks, magazines, comics, and kids' titles at your fingertips."

[Information and a link to one's personal eBook transfer instructions]

"You'll then see a list of all of your eBooks that transferred from Sony to Kobo.

Remember, as long as you complete this process by May 31, 2014, any remaining Reader Store credits you have in your account will also transfer to your Kobo account. Sony's Reader for PC/MAC software has been updated to link directly to the Kobo Store. You will now be able to purchase, download, read and transfer Kobo eBooks to your Sony Reader via USB. An initial update for the PRS-T1, PRS-T2 and PRS-T3 Reader devices is expected in April, with additional purchase functionality coming in late May.

This will be the last communication from Sony regarding the transfer to Kobo. In the future, you may receive reminder notices from Kobo to transfer your library if you haven't completed the process. You may opt out of the Kobo service messages at any time.

Should you encounter any issues with this process or have any additional questions, please see Kobo's FAQ here or contact Kobo's customer support department. Click here for their contact information.

Thank you for reading with us! It has been our pleasure to have you in our reading community.

Sincerely,

The Reader Store Team"

Last edited by sirmaru; 03-29-2014 at 02:12 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 02:56 PM   #75
Plumadona
Groupie
Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle HD6, Kindle PW2, Sony PRS-T1, Nook NE1
Thanks to all the folks who answered my library question! I know it's supposed to work, but with this transition thing...

Plumadona
Plumadona is offline   Reply With Quote