Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-04-2011, 09:15 PM   #1
Synful
Synful began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Exclamation Error message appears after updating to Calibre ver 0.7.59

You guys have been such a great help in the past, I decided to come back and rattle your brains some more!

SITUATION:

I just updated Calibre from 0.7.? to 0.7.59. Installation went fine...no error messages. Yay me! I opened Calibre and an error message popped up as shown in the attachment.

I am not sure what it is, why it is happening or what to do! Calibre was just fine BEFORE I had the harebrained idea to update....I always do this to myself.

HARDWARE/SOFTWARE INFO:

Windows 7 64-bit SP1
6GB RAM
AMD Phenom II Quad Core Processor 1.8 GHz
300GB available HD space

Any help you guys can afford me, would be greatly appreciated!!

Mya
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Python Error Message.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	70934  

Last edited by Manichean; 05-05-2011 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Edited all-caps title
Synful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:44 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Follow the instructions for getting a proper debug log here: http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual...ing-on-windows
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2011, 09:59 PM   #3
Synful

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Follow the instructions for getting a proper debug log here: http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual...ing-on-windows
Wow! I believe that is the fastest reply I've ever seen!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the information! A couple of questions before I proceed....

* What happens to my "Calibre Library" that is located in my documents? Will those be deleted also? If not, do I just point Calibre to that library again?

* Will I need to reupload the books to Calibre?

I feel so dumb asking these questions!

Mya
Old 05-04-2011, 10:29 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

uninstalling calibre does not affect your calibre library or settings at all.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:26 PM   #5
Synful

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
uninstalling calibre does not affect your calibre library or settings at all.
OMG! It WORKED!!!!!!! Thank you so much!!!!!! You so ROCK!!!!!!!

Mya
Advert
Old 05-05-2011, 12:39 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

You're welcome
Old 05-05-2011, 07:33 AM   #7
butterbescotch
Enthusiast
butterbescotch began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks. I was just having the same problem. Will check it out!
butterbescotch is offline   Reply With Quote