Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-02-2009, 04:07 PM   #1
moespook
moespook began at the beginning.

Device: bebook; sony 600
beginners questions for the 600

Hi,

I just received my new silver 600 today. Plugged it into my laptop and it started charging. Installed the ebook library software and unplugged the usb. Unfortunately something seemed to have gone wrong with the calibration process. The display shows a message saying this and instructs to start the calibration process again. I've been searching the user guide to find out how to do this, but I can't seem to find it Anyone out there who can point me in the right direction?

Another question I have is about the charger. I got a bebook which I can charge with the Ipod charger I have. Can I use this for the Sony as well?

Hoping to get some help here
moespook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 04:16 PM   #2
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Did you 'Eject' the Reader before closing the library software? Sometimes devices don't like it when you just unplug the usb cable without properly ejecting the device.

Try to plug the reader back in the start the library software again. Before disconnecting you will see an eject button next to the Reader in the library software.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2009, 04:51 PM   #3
moespook
moespook began at the beginning.

Device: bebook; sony 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by grooks View Post
Did you 'Eject' the Reader before closing the library software? Sometimes devices don't like it when you just unplug the usb cable without properly ejecting the device.

Try to plug the reader back in the start the library software again. Before disconnecting you will see an eject button next to the Reader in the library software.
Thanks for your quick reply, I did not eject safely The solution was even more simple though: to calibrate again I simply had to touch the X's that appeared on the screen with the stylus I thought it had something to do with having to reinstall software. Perhaps they have to include 'an idiot's guide to...' Anyway I'll eject safely from now on, just to be on the safe side.
moespook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 04:53 PM   #4
wachuko
eBook Worm
wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/ Sony PRS-505/PRS-600 Silver/PRS-T1
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by moespook View Post
Thanks for your quick reply, I did not eject safely The solution was even more simple though: to calibrate again I simply had to touch the X's that appeared on the screen with the stylus I thought it had something to do with having to reinstall software. Perhaps they have to include 'an idiot's guide to...' Anyway I'll eject safely from now on, just to be on the safe side.
Never had a Palm or a Clie? Glad you figured it out!
wachuko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sony 600