Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 02-04-2009, 12:51 PM   #1
iBeth
Enthusiast
iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ebw1150, nook, kindle oasis, kobo libra2
Moving Content to a New Computer

Have any of you successfully moved your e-book library to a new computer? What is the correct procedure?

I'm about to move from Windows XP to Vista. I currently use EBW Librarian to manage my library, and I have hundreds of titles that I've tagged by genre via the librarian software. I'd rather not lose those tags when I switch to a new computer.

How should I go about moving my ebw stuff to the new machine? Do I just install the driver and then copy the "My eBooks" folder to the new machine? Or is there more to it?

thanks for any help,

Beth
iBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 03:55 PM   #2
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeth View Post
Have any of you successfully moved your e-book library to a new computer? What is the correct procedure?

I'm about to move from Windows XP to Vista. I currently use EBW Librarian to manage my library, and I have hundreds of titles that I've tagged by genre via the librarian software. I'd rather not lose those tags when I switch to a new computer.

How should I go about moving my ebw stuff to the new machine? Do I just install the driver and then copy the "My eBooks" folder to the new machine? Or is there more to it?

thanks for any help,

Beth
Something like that, as I haven't done this myself.

I would expect that you would first need to properly install the usb driver and EBW Librarian on your new computer and verify it is working. Then copy your "My eBooks" from the old computer to the new computer's location of "My eBooks".

When you restart EBW Librarian, on your new computer, it should then find all your ebooks that you had in your old computer. If your "tailored" Categories don't copy over, then you may have to do a bit more digging to find where EBW Librarian stores same (registry or file in windows/program directory).

In any event, those categories can be recreated when you re-edit your ebooks. Tedious, but it may be your only option if you're having problems with the above. Your .IMP ebooks will still retain the catogories they had, irrespective.

Last edited by nrapallo; 02-04-2009 at 03:57 PM.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2009, 10:54 AM   #3
iBeth
Enthusiast
iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ebw1150, nook, kindle oasis, kobo libra2
Thanks so much for your help. I'll try this approach when my new computer arrives and keep my fingers crossed about the categories.

Beth
iBeth is offline   Reply With Quote