Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-30-2015, 01:20 PM   #151
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaysclie View Post
Birds are fine, but I like shelties.
But my question is..do you people use the "send to kindle" app when you want to send an article to your kindle from your pc ? I have never done this, which is the reason I am now asking. Would like to store a few documents on my kindle fire. I do have prime.
It's not an app it's a program you download but yes I use Send to Kindle almost exclusively. I find it's quicker and more accurate than using email or calibre.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 01:40 PM   #152
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
It's not an app it's a program you download but yes I use Send to Kindle almost exclusively. I find it's quicker and more accurate than using email or calibre.
Send to Kindle is one of my favorite Kindle features. I use it for news stories, for articles -- and sometimes even for short books.

For the poster who asked the original question ... it's an add-on for either the Firefox or Chrome browsers (I guess it can also be used in Android or in Windows or Mac desktops). More information here ...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/sendtokindle
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 04:56 PM   #153
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
I'm waiting to hear from Amazon whether we will even be able to use the Send To Kindle feature since it goes through the Cloud. Not an issue for some of you folks, but I manually send subscription issues to my sister's Kindle (which is registered to my account). Lightspeed and Galaxy's Edge don't go directly to my kindle but come through email. I can sideload it to my Kindle, but have to use SendToKindle to get it to my sister's unit since she's 100 miles away. I made sure to mention that it was a marketed FEATURE even for the Fire that I only bought last year. I have no need for even 1G of space for my uses - While I agree that $12/year isn't bad, paying $12 here for a FREE FEATURE that was included with the purchase is hardly reasonable.

Update: Ok, here's the answer from Amazon.
Quote:
Kindle Personal Docs - Kindle Personal Docs will still be stored in the customer's Cloud Drive; Kindle Personal Docs are no longer counted towards a customer’s storage limit.

Further, when you purchase anything from Amazon, it'll directly be stored in your Cloud and will not count against the space in your Cloud Drive, hence you need not pay any extra amount.

Last edited by Tarana; 03-30-2015 at 06:41 PM.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 06:42 PM   #154
induna
Addict
induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, 505, 600, 350, T1 Amazon Kindle PW1, PW2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
I'm waiting to hear from Amazon whether we will even be able to use the Send To Kindle feature since it goes through the Cloud. Not an issue for some of you folks, but I manually send subscription issues to my sister's Kindle (which is registered to my account). Lightspeed and Galaxy's Edge don't go directly to my kindle but come through email. I can sideload it to my Kindle, but have to use SendToKindle to get it to my sister's unit since she's 100 miles away. I made sure to mention that it was a marketed FEATURE even for the Fire that I only bought last year. I have no need for even 1G of space for my uses - While I agree that $12/year isn't bad, paying $12 here for a FREE FEATURE that was included with the purchase is hardly reasonable.
Three people, including me, have already reported that the send to Kindle feature, as well as cloud storage for Kindle personal docs, continue to work now exactly as they did before, whether or not one has prime or has signed up for one of the new cloud plans.
induna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 07:08 PM   #155
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:
Three people, including me, have already reported that the send to Kindle feature
Pardon me for posting.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 07:57 PM   #156
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
Pardon me for posting.

Not a problem at all. It's very confusing because it hasn't been all that long ago that Amazon sent out emails "combining" everything into cloud storage. So this new email left a lot of questions. It appears (near as anyone can guess) that they have once again decoupled the features. So you have your old send to kindle and email docs that still go to your kindle, but they don't count against this new "storage" plan they have concocted.

The send to kindle was the first thing I checked.

Subject to the whims of Amazaon changing again...
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 12:16 AM   #157
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Send to Kindle storage appears to be 'unlimited'. At least there is no longer any indication of what the limit is.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote