Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-14-2012, 02:55 PM   #1
OldLincoln
Zealot
OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: FBReader
TIP: How I mark books I'm Reading

I often alternate reading 2 or more books, but with all those books in the list can't remember which one I put down if it's been a couple weeks. I did add a "Read" column with the Y/N type to find and sort out those I finished.

Today I discovered the Y/N has 3 settings. A Checkmark (Y), a Red X (N) and a blank (neither). I simply use the Red X for my in-progress books and when finished change it ti the check so I don't leave stragglers.
OldLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:05 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldLincoln View Post
I often alternate reading 2 or more books, but with all those books in the list can't remember which one I put down if it's been a couple weeks. I did add a "Read" column with the Y/N type to find and sort out those I finished.

Today I discovered the Y/N has 3 settings. A Checkmark (Y), a Red X (N) and a blank (neither). I simply use the Red X for my in-progress books and when finished change it ti the check so I don't leave stragglers.
That is the one I tend to use.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2012, 05:37 PM   #3
Man Eating Duck
Addict
Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Kobo Aura, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldLincoln View Post
I' very happy with my "Read status" custom column with multiple values. Here's how I do it:

Add a custom column. Enter the values shown in the screenshot, enter a comma-separated list of whichever options you want.

On some readers you can also use such a column to create collections or shelves on your reader, I find this *very* handy for managing my reading queue. Mine's a PRS-650, it works very well to keep track of them all

I'm considering adding another option for books I'd like to buy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	read_status.PNG
Views:	233
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	92369  
Man Eating Duck is offline   Reply With Quote