Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 08-17-2012, 08:59 AM   #616
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I'm certainly an amateur compared to most.

Book number 49 completed. Just one more book to get to the 50 I pledged on GoodReads. It's been a heck of a reading year for me.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 04:27 PM   #617
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
I haven't read in weeks. This is the worst "drought" I think I've ever had.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:06 PM   #618
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I hope you get back on the reading wagon again soon.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:43 PM   #619
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks.

School starts on Monday, so I have no idea whats going to happen on that front.
Old 08-17-2012, 06:45 PM   #620
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
I just can't imagine that. I don't think I've ever missed a day since I learned to read (well, perhaps my wedding day...).
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 07:37 PM   #621
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
I'm with you Orlok, I don't think I have ever missed a day, besides my wedding day, worth of reading.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 04:57 AM   #622
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
Same here. There might be the odd day I've missed, but they're extremely rare. I always read in bed, before I sleep, and maybe if I broke that routine it would be tricky to fit in.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 05:33 AM   #623
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNefario View Post
Same here. There might be the odd day I've missed, but they're extremely rare. I always read in bed, before I sleep, and maybe if I broke that routine it would be tricky to fit in.
I read in bed, on the toilet (too much information?), waiting at the doctor/dentist/chiropractor/(insert practioner of preference here), waiting to pick the kids up from school, on the train, on holiday by the pool-side whist the kids swim, and also listen to books whist driving.

Do I have a problem, I wonder...?
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 08:22 AM   #624
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
I read in bed, on the toilet (too much information?), waiting at the doctor/dentist/chiropractor/(insert practioner of preference here), waiting to pick the kids up from school, on the train, on holiday by the pool-side whist the kids swim, and also listen to books whist driving.

Do I have a problem, I wonder...?
No. I was reading the way that you are, I'm just not able to get back there for some reason. I still carry my Kindle with me wherever I go, and I have quite an abundance of reading material, including the series I've been reading all summer. I'm obviously the one with the "problem".
Old 08-18-2012, 09:30 AM   #625
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Scout Finch: "Until I feared I'd lose it, I never loved to read. One does not love breathing."

Says it for me.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 08:12 PM   #626
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
I went through a period like that, too. I just kept picking up books, starting them, and putting them down. I just couldn't get into any of them.

I finally just picked up a short story and made it through, then another one and made it through. Then chose a light, fluffy, short, cozy mystery to read and then another short, fluffy, fun novel. I was able to get back to wanting to read. I think I was reading too many novels that were either intense or detailed and I was not relaxing after a busy day. Switching to short and fun novels helped get me back to reading again.

I hope you are able to get back to enjoying it, again.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 08:25 PM   #627
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I went through a period like that, too. I just kept picking up books, starting them, and putting them down. I just couldn't get into any of them.

I finally just picked up a short story and made it through, then another one and made it through. Then chose a light, fluffy, short, cozy mystery to read and then another short, fluffy, fun novel. I was able to get back to wanting to read. I think I was reading too many novels that were either intense or detailed and I was not relaxing after a busy day. Switching to short and fun novels helped get me back to reading again.

I hope you are able to get back to enjoying it, again.
Thanks, Dreams! That sounds like a great idea. I have many short stories floating around on my Kindle and I never really think about them.
Old 08-20-2012, 08:45 AM   #628
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer

I miss a day every now and then. But it's been a while since I missed more than a few days in a row.

I still have one book left on my required reading list. Thankfully I've got four months to fit it in because I'm really burying myself in lighter reading material right now.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:19 AM   #629
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Quote:
That's how I have been for about the last 4 months or so. Hope yours does not get that bad!!
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:24 PM   #630
Kindoll
Enthusiast
Kindoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
I was the same way recently. It'll come back.
Kindoll is offline   Reply With Quote