Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-02-2011, 11:29 AM   #1
EricBr
EricBr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Import books from a CSV file

I have a database of approximately 2500 physical books that I currently have in a custom database.

I would like to know if there is a way to import the books from a CSV file (or better yet an Access database) into Calibre.

If so, is there a document somewhere that describes the format for the CSV import (required fields, order of fields, etc.)?

Thanks,

EricBr
EricBr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:35 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricBr View Post
I have a database of approximately 2500 physical books that I currently have in a custom database.

I would like to know if there is a way to import the books from a CSV file (or better yet an Access database) into Calibre.

If so, is there a document somewhere that describes the format for the CSV import (required fields, order of fields, etc.)?

Thanks,

EricBr
2 ways come to mind.
the Commandline interface (read about it in the online help) allows the DB to be populated.

Add from ISBN (add from file usage) allows a very simple record creation from the Add Books arrow. (Help is on the Add From ISBN form)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert