Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-21-2012, 01:08 AM   #1
Nicko
Groupie
Nicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle Paperwhite3
Reverting to a previous update

I have just updated Calibre to V0.8.61 and a plugin does not now appear to be working. Can I go back to a previous update?. If so, what is the best way to proceed. It may be that the plugin needs to be updated?. Any help would be appreciated.
Nicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 03:47 AM   #2
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
You haven't said which plugin, if it is the one not hosted on these forums we don't talk about here then as with all questions about it you need to go to the blog for it.

Other than that, installing an older version of calibre is a case of downloading the installer for it, which I think are on SourceForge. There are dozens of posts around the place discussing this subject, just do a search. Don't go back too far unless you have your library backed up from that previous version or you may have database issues.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:37 PM   #3
Nicko
Groupie
Nicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle Paperwhite3
Thanks for your advice. I think I understand what you mean by installer. The last update I have is v0.8.61. So I can go back to v0.8.59 by running it without loosing anything in Calibre?. I did a search but couldn't find anything that answered my query. My old brain box is not working too well these days!!.
Nicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:55 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
Thanks for your advice. I think I understand what you mean by installer. The last update I have is v0.8.61. So I can go back to v0.8.59 by running it without loosing anything in Calibre?. I did a search but couldn't find anything that answered my query. My old brain box is not working too well these days!!.
The question has been answered here a thousand times or more.
You can UNINSTALL Calibre... The Library is still there.

Going backwards in Calibre versions may reach a point where the DB is now too advanced for the current code due to internal structure changes. Touching that data may corrupt, truncate or lose those items.

Advice is to go back as few revisions as possible.

Last edited by theducks; 07-22-2012 at 09:10 AM. Reason: typo
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:47 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Previous versions of calibre can be found here.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote