Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-27-2013, 08:01 AM   #1
pepelepieux
pepelepieux is a marvel to beholdpepelepieux is a marvel to beholdpepelepieux is a marvel to beholdpepelepieux is a marvel to beholdpepelepieux is a marvel to beholdpepelepieux is a marvel to beholdpepelepieux is a marvel to beholdpepelepieux is a marvel to beholdpepelepieux is a marvel to beholdpepelepieux is a marvel to beholdpepelepieux is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Forma
Downloading books via Dropbox stops working

Hello,

It seems Dropbox has changed something because I can not download books from my account to my Aura anymore.
pepelepieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 08:09 AM   #2
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I used my a/c this morning. No problem at all
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2013, 08:13 AM   #3
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just tested it now with an ePub and it worked perfectly
Old 11-27-2013, 08:23 AM   #4
pepelepieux
pepelepieux is a marvel to beholdpepelepieux is a marvel to beholdpepelepieux is a marvel to beholdpepelepieux is a marvel to beholdpepelepieux is a marvel to beholdpepelepieux is a marvel to beholdpepelepieux is a marvel to beholdpepelepieux is a marvel to beholdpepelepieux is a marvel to beholdpepelepieux is a marvel to beholdpepelepieux is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Forma
Hello Josieb1,

I have just tested it again with different epubs and it worked perfectly too.
It just doesn t want me to download 3 specific epub

It's all good.
pepelepieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 05:07 AM   #5
neil74
Connoisseur
neil74 is a splendid one to beholdneil74 is a splendid one to beholdneil74 is a splendid one to beholdneil74 is a splendid one to beholdneil74 is a splendid one to beholdneil74 is a splendid one to beholdneil74 is a splendid one to beholdneil74 is a splendid one to beholdneil74 is a splendid one to beholdneil74 is a splendid one to beholdneil74 is a splendid one to behold

Device: Kobo aura
I did not know you could even do this!
neil74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2013, 06:20 AM   #6
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

I have Dropbox set up as a favourite in my Kobo Aura web browser. I logged in and set the favourite afterwards and it keeps me logged in.

I then access dropbox using the web browser. Select a book by pressing on it and a Download link pops up in the top line of the folder. I then press that and a message appears asking me if I want to download the book to my library in the middle of my screen. I select yes and the book is downloaded. Close the browser, go to library and it's there.
Old 11-28-2013, 06:26 AM   #7
neil74
Connoisseur
neil74 is a splendid one to beholdneil74 is a splendid one to beholdneil74 is a splendid one to beholdneil74 is a splendid one to beholdneil74 is a splendid one to beholdneil74 is a splendid one to beholdneil74 is a splendid one to beholdneil74 is a splendid one to beholdneil74 is a splendid one to beholdneil74 is a splendid one to beholdneil74 is a splendid one to behold

Device: Kobo aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I have Dropbox set up as a favourite in my Kobo Aura web browser. I logged in and set the favourite afterwards and it keeps me logged in.

I then access dropbox using the web browser. Select a book by pressing on it and a Download link pops up in the top line of the folder. I then press that and a message appears asking me if I want to download the book to my library in the middle of my screen. I select yes and the book is downloaded. Close the browser, go to library and it's there.
Thanks!
neil74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 04:52 PM   #8
spersephone
Zealot
spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Voyage
You can use the program Calibre as a content server over wifi too, after enabling it. Log into the address of your PC/Mac and add :8080 to it, then you get a list of your books waiting to be downloaded. I use it a lot.
spersephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 05:54 AM   #9
patchie
patchie began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Thumbs up Calibre server for upload through WiFi

Quote:
Originally Posted by spersephone View Post
You can use the program Calibre as a content server over wifi too, after enabling it. Log into the address of your PC/Mac and add :8080 to it, then you get a list of your books waiting to be downloaded. I use it a lot.
That's a great tip, thank you. I have been searching & trying for hours how to upload books via WiFi to my Kobo Glo HD and this solution works perfectly and without scary things like changing system files. Many thanks!

A tip for new users: getting the right address for accessing the server through Calibre is easiest achieved through Preferences, Share via Internet, Start Server and then Test Server. A new tab is opened in your webbrowser that now shows your Calibre directory. Add this address to your browser on the Kobo as a startpage. Click on any book you like to download and confirm your request. Voila!

Last edited by patchie; 01-21-2016 at 05:58 AM. Reason: Topic Title and extra
patchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 05:58 AM   #10
spersephone
Zealot
spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Glad it was helpful!
Old 02-11-2016, 11:19 AM   #11
serwei
Enthusiast
serwei began at the beginning.

Device: Smart Q7
Seems to have stopped working recently for my Aura as well.. Is it a firmware issue or the device needs to flush old data
serwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 04:30 PM   #12
spersephone
Zealot

I tried to download some books to my Dad's Kobo for him the other day and it simply wouldn't work for me. I could log into my Dropbox and get to the books, but nothing happened when I tried to open them for downloading.
Old 02-11-2016, 08:06 PM   #13
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
I tried to download some books to my Dad's Kobo for him the other day and it simply wouldn't work for me. I could log into my Dropbox and get to the books, but nothing happened when I tried to open them for downloading.
Try switching to desktop version after you have logged into dropbox. Downloading from the mobile version of the site doesn't work anymore, but you should still be able to download if you switch to the desktop version of the site.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 08:07 PM   #14
spersephone
Zealot

Can you do that from the Kobo?
Old 02-11-2016, 08:10 PM   #15
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Can you do that from the Kobo?
Yes, from the mobile version of the site, just tap the "Desktop version" link at the bottom of the page. See the screenshots in this post taken from my Glo.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote